+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accessory not made for iPhone

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey fellas. So I've been getting the following message on my iPhone for a while now. This accessory is not made for iPhone Would you like to turn on Airplane
    ACM
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Accessory not made for iPhone
    Hey fellas.

So I've been getting the following message on my iPhone for a while now.

This accessory is not made for iPhone
    Would you like to turn on Airplane Mode to redue audio interference? You will not be able to make or receive calls.

Yeah, another one of those threads. Thing is, I've looked around a lot and never really found a solution to the problem, so I'm guessing it's a hardware one.

Apparently there's a way or getting rid of that message using SSH, but I don't want to do that. The reason being, when the message appears, the music part of the phone does not work. The volume control disappears temporarily.

How this happened? Well I dropped my iPhone in the summer and the screen cracked. I went to get it fixed in a local shop and they replaced it with a new screen, but I kept getting that message. This is, sometimes the iPhone will be fine for a few days and I won't get any prompt to turn on Airplane mode and sometimes, the problem persists every minute.

The only thing that makes it go away is when I connect it to a dock similar to http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadgetm...one_dock_1.jpg

So since it's a hardware problem, I'd like to know exactly what it is. I live in Dubai and I haven't been able to find an Apple store that can repair my iPhone. So I come to you geniuses out there to tell me what's causing this, and whether I can fix it on my own.

Much love,
    Al.

ACM
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Bump.

Thought I might give this another go, maybe someone who can help will notice it.

Thanks

There is no real solution as of yet. At least I've never heard of one unless your good at hardware mods.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hardware, like replacing the dock?