Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone battery draaaaaing fast. 3G

Default iPhone battery draaaaaing fast. 3G
    So my girlfriend's battery started depleting at an unusually fast rate. She wasn't using it and doesn't use any of the fancy moding stuff, yet the battery went downhill fast. So I just restored our phones to 3.1.2 hoping that would fix it, but no. We were at lunch today and the iPhone sitting on the table burned through 7% of battery in about 10-15 minutes.

I'm hoping this doesn't mean the iPhone battery is fried, although it does sound like it. Does anyone have any potential fixes for this? She bought her iPhone in March, but I'm hoping it won't come to going down and getting a new one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is her phone jailbroken

try lowering your brightness (turn off auto brightness) and disable push nodification as well if you dont use it. Push Nod drains battery like mad

This wasn't a battery saving issue. It was draining faster than it ever should. Screen brightness and push notifications wouldn't have done anything.

Anyway, the issue is solved. I restored it back to 3.0. Seemed to be ok, so I brought it back up to 3.1.2 and it is still doing fine.