Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone only plays through one (or no) earbuds

Default iPhone only plays through one (or no) earbuds
    I finally go a new mobo for my iPhone and installed it today. I think I remember both earbuds working but now only one or neither do. Would this be a problem with the headphone assembly or the connector on the mobo? Are the ribbon cables on the headphone assembly getting slightly torn or what? I tried it with another old headphone assembly with no success

Make sure "mono audio" isnt turned on under: Settings - General - Accessability

I just checked and didn't have that option also now neither of the buds work. Should I just get a new headphone assembly?

Wouldnt be able to diagnose a hardware issue properly....without it being in front of me. But, if I had to start somewhere...it would be the headphone jack flex cable.

The cable seems really flimsy and I get the feeling that I tore the outer wires in the cable just a little bit.it also comes off and on as I jiggle it around which makes me think the wires I supposedly ripped are barely contacting which makes it work for a sec. Does that make sense?