+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2g antenna cover breaking

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm just wondering if anybody else has bought an antenna cover off ebay and to have it break in the first couple days/weeks. I used to drop my iphone all
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 2g antenna cover breaking
    I'm just wondering if anybody else has bought an antenna cover off ebay and to have it break in the first couple days/weeks.

I used to drop my iphone all the time and it would never break, but then I had to do some repairs and the original cover started to become loose.

So then I then decided to buy a new RED back and with it came a cover, broke in a week. Cracks appeared at a point where the connecter goes in.

So I bought another one, and it broke without dropping. Are these covers on ebay of lesser quality? I bought this thing for 4 dollars and within 2 days it was showing cracks while the original cover lasted so long.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Ive never had one break but.....

those are HK aftermarket pieces your buying, and aftermarket is never as good quality as OEM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    yeah i bought a black OEM case for the 2g and it came with an antenna cover and it fit pretty well but after a week it started showing up with small cracks arouns the corners near the speaker and mic...eventuall it just broke into pieces and fell off...

Green Apple
    Thanks

ahh. so i should look for oem, in the title i guess lol.