Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2g dead strip in odd spot

Default iPhone 2g dead strip in odd spot
    Hi, I have had my iPhone 2g for a year and a half now, I bought it just as the iPhone 3g were starting to come out. I just put a new housing on it to make it look new and get the dents out of it from the previous owner. I dropped it today and thought that my phone was toast, but I restored it to the 3.0.1 firmware and unlocked it using redsn0w 0.8. But now I have a weird dead strip that is near the bottom of the screen, just above the dock. It makes it difficult for me to send texts messages. I was wondering what should I do?

If I need to replace the digitizer, then I am just going to sell the device on ebay, and see how much I can get on that and by the iPhone 3g from Apple, do the 1 month then ETF it. This phone has served me well, but I don't have enough time to replace a digitizer on my phone.

The screen shot of the problem area is attached.

Thanks in advanced.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0198.png  

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 6,216 Posts

Sounds like the digitizer is going bad. Kind of a common problem. May be time to replace or sell.

Thanks

This Sensitivity Fix sometimes improves the situation
    iPhone Touchscreen Fix: Increase Sensitivity

PS. It works on FW 3.0 as well
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

Yeah I tried the touch screen sensitivity fix, it works when I am on the home screen hitting big buttons, but when I am text messaging it doesn't recognize the presses at all.

I think I may get a refurbished iPhone 3g from AT&T and see what I can get for the iPhone 2g when selling it for parts. Which takes me to my next question.

How much should I sell the iPhone 2g for parts? It is a huge inconvenience right now and I learned that I can't play music through the speakers or headphone jack and I can only make calls over speaker phone.