Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G(S) Screen (digitizer or lcd)

Smile 3G(S) Screen (digitizer or lcd)
    I have a buddy up finally made the plunge and I'm now convinced that I want a 3GS too. But here is my question regarding it.

Shortly after receiving his phone he was remodling his home and step on his phone and the screen is messed up in a certain place.

We have looked online at exploded views and at these forums for help but I'm still confused. Here's what goes on. The actual glass is not broken. In the bottom right corner of the screen is a black blob and it hides the app that is beneath it. However if you take a picture of you screen and email it to someone, its like the screen is perfect. So, exactly what part do I need? Is it the screen or digitizer or whatever. He's had the phone for a month now and not wanting to take the issue to ATT or is it best to do so. Thanks everyone for the input.

Sounds like the LCD only. If everything else works fine (touch responds and glass is not broken) i'm betting its the LCD only.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dohscious For This Useful Post:

mastaryan (09-23-2009)

Looking at a youtube video I can tell its not the touchpanel or digitizer. Anyone want to second this. Thanks again everyone!

Well, neither the touchscreen or the digitizer would cause the blob on the display. That blob is definitely damage to the LCD. So a new LCD is required, at a minimum. If you're having other issues with the phone as well as the black blob, however, I cannot speak to potential need for other components.

Try PDAparts.com for parts and some videos on dyi repairs and trouble shooting.

Yea, its the lcd, thanks for the additional website, never been there before.