+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My Jailbroken iPhone 3G not synchronizing!!!

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Please Help I am a 3G Jailbroken iPhone user from Mexico (my cell carrier is Telcel) and, from yesterday I am not able to sync my iPhone with any USB
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Unhappy My Jailbroken iPhone 3G not synchronizing!!!
    Please Help

I am a 3G Jailbroken iPhone user from Mexico (my cell carrier is Telcel) and, from yesterday I am not able to sync my iPhone with any USB port from ANY Mac or PC!!

However, I currently am able to charge it; I have an iHome radio and it plays perfectly, and when I plug it to the power source in the wall, it charges;

It is only not responding to the USB connection and, cannot sync it with any computer.

Any one have a clue of this problem?

Can any one help me?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Check the pins on your dock connector. Sounds like you may have a pin or two that are bent. It's not terribly difficult to change the dock connector, and it's not an expensive part.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Same problem here exactly
    I have exactly the same problem. Charges via wall but nothing happens over USB.

Definitely an issue with my particular iPhone, since the cables and computer works with other iPhones.

Am I able to charge because different pins are used in the doc connector when charging from the wall than from over USB?

Does anyone know if this is an easy thing to fix? I've had a look at the doc connector, and aside from dust (which I've now removed) there doesn't seem to be any problems

Is it possible that it could be a software glitch? For some reason could the iPhone not be able to communicate over USB now?

My iPhone is also jailbroken but the setup hasn't changed since I was last able to sync.

Thanks!

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

I asked Stealth Bravo to look into this ... It has something to do with the new iTunes and Iphones and Ipods not syncing up, and not even showing up in iTunes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ive got the same prob... wth... i plug it into the charger and it works fine!! but when i try to sync it to the computer it doesnt even respond to it!! not even charge or anything! help