+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g charging problems

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok so about last week i got my girlfriend an iphone 3g, it charged fine and worked great. I bought it from some guy on craigslist so no warranty or
    Thanks
    Default Iphone 3g charging problems
    ok so about last week i got my girlfriend an iphone 3g, it charged fine and worked great. I bought it from some guy on craigslist so no warranty or anything. The phone came with a usb cord and when i used that cord to charge it from my pc it would disconnect and connect every 3 seconds so i thought the cord was broken and when i used the cord to charge the iphone it worked fine and charged it. I gave my gf my charger because the phone didnt come with one and she went home and tried charging her phone. She said she woke up and the phone didnt charge.. it was connected. but it showed the charging sign. the day after that if finally died and when we hooked it up to my pc or the wall plugin charger it would just show the charging sign but it wouldnt charge. i googled the problem and someone said to connect it to the pc and restart it and that worked but it only charged it for like 10%-40% and it gets hotter than usual and it doesnt fully charge. i read somwhere else to reset settings and that didnt work. its not the usb cord because i can charge my phone fine with the charger and ive tried charging her phone with two different chargers on two different computers and on the wall charger. i dont know what to do sometimes it charges slowly and other times i can see the battery drop fast like 5% in one minute..

Thanks

First off - Reset the internal charge meter.
    2 do that;
    - Fully discharge
    - Fully Charge
    - Repeat

If that does not do the trick; Restore

Still not good: Did u try an other cable?

Still not good? A 3G is probably still under warranty - just go to an Apple store. If under warrenty U will get a replacement. (unless..it has been opened...)

Check warranty status using ur serial here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

Thanks
    ok thanks alot for that ill try it.. another thing is i tried charging it without the sim and the sim holder and it charged fine without over heating.. i dont know y but hopefully i fixed it..

Green Apple
    Thanks

It can be alot of things some bad software will drain your batter but you are having problems with the charging as well it can be your charger port. The last thing you do not want is to be water damage slight water damage will affect the battery charging. Also one more thing might just be the battery

Repairyouriphone.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i haw iphone 3gs in charging probleam