+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Slide to unlock frozen screen FIX!!

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an iphone 3g 8gig tha was always freezing at the slide to unlock screen or the slide for emergency screen. The answer is the proximity sensor cable. Cable
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking Slide to unlock frozen screen FIX!!
    I have an iphone 3g 8gig tha was always freezing at the slide to unlock screen or the slide for emergency screen. The answer is the proximity sensor cable. Cable #3. What you have to do is either switch it out with a new one or clean it up a little with some alcohol wipes. Mine was a little corroded. also I read a post where a dude scratched the back of the screen. Thee are 3 sensors at the top left of your 3g iphone. Take a flashlight and shine it at the top left of the phone. Or you can just follow the #3 ribbon. You will have to take the LCD screen off. One of the proximity sensors detects when your face is next to the phone so it can deactivate the screen so u wont be calling anyone else while talking on the phone. One is a light detector sensor and don't know what the other on e is for. If the one sensor is defective, it will automatically shut the tuch screen down. Well just a little scratch on the insid of the screen and a little acohol and BAMM it's working. I hope this works for everyone else out there with the exact same problem that I WAS having. Hit me up if you have any questions. I may post some pics later for a brief walkthrough.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Moved to proper forum.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you open her up, make sure you clean the glass and get any dust out of there while you put that LCD back on again.

Dust specs under the glass drive me nuts