+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!! Text from Unknown?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, I'm sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong section! Yesterday my phone was fine, everything was running normal until my friend who has an iPhone 3G with
    Thanks

Default Help!!! Text from Unknown?
    Hey guys,

I'm sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong section! Yesterday my phone was fine, everything was running normal until my friend who has an iPhone 3G with 3.0.1 installed received a text message but on his lock screen it said "Text from Unknown" and it didn't give the preview of the text at all. 5 mins later, the same thing happened to my phone!!! I called Rogers (My service provide) and they said they've never heard of this issue before. I reset my network settings, no luck. Then I reset ally settings and still mo luck.

Can anyone please help me if they have had this issue before, or If they could give me any tips that would help? I'd really appreciate it!

Last edited by King Of The World; 08-29-2009 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

please do!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,696 Times in 5,956 Posts

It seems this problem starting happening when iBlacklist had an update in Cydia. You could turn iBlacklist off with SBSettings and see if this cures your problem.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

marcscarna (08-30-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    It seems this problem starting happening when iBlacklist had an update in Cydia. You could turn iBlacklist off with SBSettings and see if this cures your problem.
    ^^ yes i did get the new update from Cydia for iBlacklist v3.1-1. But how do i turn iBlacklist off from SBSettings? I don't seem to have a toggle for it?

EDIT:

K i turned off iBlacklist and it worked! thank god! i guess this is the problem with the new version of 3.1-1.
    Do you know if i go back to the old version of 3.1 if i will still have this problem?
    Last edited by King Of The World; 08-29-2009 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks

Huh, well perhaps you should un-install it and see if that cures the problem and then re-install. Don't you have a Dock applications section in SBSettings?
    I am 99% certain this is your problem. I helped several members with this already. Hopefully they have emailed iBlacklist author so he can update the app as you should too.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

King Of The World (08-29-2009), marcscarna (08-30-2009), reposed (08-31-2009)

Thanks

Huh, well perhaps you should un-install it and see if that cures the problem and then re-install. Don't you have a Dock applications section in SBSettings?
    I am 99% certain this is your problem. I helped several members with this already. Hopefully they have emailed iBlacklist author so he can update the app as you should too.
    ya iBlackist v3.1-1 was my problem. I uninstalled it, and reverted back to v3.1 and everything is back to normal

Thanks

I keep sayin' it, but geez that's why I get the big bucks lmao glad to help.

Thanks

I keep sayin' it, but geez that's why I get the big bucks lmao glad to help.
    why cant i contact the developper on his site? it doesnt say anywhere contact us...wierd

Thanks

If you go into Cydia and look at the app iBlacklist you will see Author with a mail icon, click that and you will be directed to his email addy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ty guyss

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just turned off blocking off messages and tada it works lik normal !!!! So click the menu at the top that says calls/SMS and turn off SMS

Thanks
    I had this problem yesterday. It went away after about an hour or so. I had did the update as well but for some reason I didnt have to do anything to it which is weird. Maybe its because I have the 3G S? I'm a little baffled. Any clue anyone?