+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch 2g Bluetooth problem

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Recently, I bought a cheap Bluetooth headset so I could have a mic/ make calls on my iPod touch 2g(3.0 enabled Bluetooth on it!). I'm pretty sure it's working fine(
    My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPod touch 2g Bluetooth problem
    Recently, I bought a cheap Bluetooth headset so I could have a mic/ make calls on my iPod touch 2g(3.0 enabled Bluetooth on it!). I'm pretty sure it's working fine( the Bluetooth headset), but when i set it in discovery mode, my iPod can't find it. Please help .

Edit: it also pairs with my ps3 easily
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 08-26-2009 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

3.0 did NOT enable bluetooth on your ipod touch. well all know that all ipod touch's have the bluetooth chip in them, and altough bluetooth was on the features for 3.0 update, it only did so to iphones. ipod touch bluetooth is still W.I.P. yet another reason us ipod touch fans want an iphone :-/

Thanks

Um... Why do I have Bluetooth then? iPod touch 2nd gens but not 1st gens got Bluetooth. Bluetooth was already on iPhones so why would they include it in 3.0 features? Is there anybody that could at least explain possible reasons why my iPod can't find my device?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    Um... Why do I have Bluetooth then? iPod touch 2nd gens but not 1st gens got Bluetooth. Bluetooth was already on iPhones so why would they include it in 3.0 features? Is there anybody that could at least explain possible reasons why my iPod can't find my device?
    2g's have the chip, and technically you have bluetooth, but it DOES NOT work yet. if you used search you could find that out

iPhone OS 3.0 update brings stereo Bluetooth support to the 2nd generation iPod Touch, although it will only work with compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speakers. You wont be able to use just about any Bluetooth device with it as reported by many users. The iPhone 3.0 unlocks Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR with support for wireless streaming 2-channel audio with A2DP, wireless accessory control, and peer-to-peer connections.

It’s still very crippled as most of you might not even be able to use that Bluetooth hands free headset you got for your cell phone, to use with your iPod Touch to Skype, which is really unfair to be honest as Bluetooth is supposed to be an open protocol.
    ^^ from http://www.ithinkdiff.com/about-blue...in-ipod-touch/
    Last edited by scocar27; 08-30-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks

See! Now you found out for yourself! It does have Bluetooth, and it WORKS. I am pretty sure my bluethooth device is compatible, but myipods Bluetooth scanner isn't working.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    See! Now you found out for yourself! It does have Bluetooth, and it WORKS. I am pretty sure my bluethooth device is compatible, but myipods Bluetooth scanner isn't working.
    yes sorry i misunderstood it the first time around. anyway, only a few here-and-there bluetooth headsets are compatbile. i think theres a list either here or ipodtouchfans.com/forums

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Is there a hack to make more bluetooth headsets compatible?