Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck On Apple Icon

Default Stuck On Apple Icon
    Hey guys... recently my 8gb iPhone 3G had been acting up and not been able to connect to any of the computers i plug it into, so i did a reset on it using the function the iPhone comes with it was jailbroken wit 3.0 firmware but after being reseted, it is now just booting and gets stuck on the apple icon is there anyway i can fix this? or will apple store replace my phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if you can get the phone in dfu mode that should erase your jailbreak aan then you could take it to apple. also you could try using rock your phone. it has a deal that will boot the phone normally . i used it to boot a 2g that had a bad com board an it worked like a charm.

well i tried putting the iphone in dfu mode but then the itunes icon and the usb cord icon showed up and i tried connecting it to the computer but wont connect i wonder if its just not responding to the computer? cuz i can charge it on the ihome still

64 views and no one can gimme a answer or a idea of a solution?
    Last edited by KiLL4TaNK; 08-19-2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 6,216 Posts

If your seeing the USB cord screen your not in DFU mode. DFU mode would be a blank screen. Try this.
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.