Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dust stuck IN screen?????

Question Dust stuck IN screen?????
    i have the new 3gs and at first there was a few dead spots on the screen that i originally thought was a dead pixle but was informed that is was dust stuck in side the screen. i dont have a screen protector its stuck somewhere in between the glass and the lcd i would like to know how is this possible and if there is anything i could do to get rid of this i was informed that the dust will just fall out in a week which also makes no sense and hasnt happened it been like this for a moth and may not be noticablebut when you are constenly using it and its dead center on the screen it gets annoying. thanx in advance for the help and im sorry about bad spelling and grammer.

Sorry to bring back a partially old post but I had dust under my screen also on me 3GS. I lived with it for a few weeks but I finally decided to take it to Apple last weekend. Without any questions he replaced it because it was a QA issue. Mine also had a wierd thing with the screen not being flush on both sides, but that was not mentioned till after he gave me the new one.

r u sure no water damage?If not its obvious what to do open it and remove the dust or bring it to someone who knows how to

^^^^^
    true but instead of voiding warranty take it to apple
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

This is such an easy fix. All you need to do is take the LCD out (really not that hard, practice on your friends iPhone first ;-) ). Then separate LCD and Touch Panel, again not that hard (only 6 screws to remove. Then a couple blasts of canned air, and, viola! You're all set.

I once bought an iPhone that had a bunch of dust under the screen (unknown to me until after the deal), and decided to do something about it. Takes all of 20 minutes really. Or you could get Apple to replace it. As long as there is enough dust under the screen, and you did NOT already attempt the surgery, they should replace it. It is a quality control issue...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

I have 2 Apple stores within 20 minutes of me so it was no big deal to take it in. But mine also had a issue with the screen and the edges not being flat. I was heading to the mall anyway so it only took me about 10 minutes to get it replaced at the store counter.

Someone who knows what they are doing (i meant apple or if voided warranty tech)