Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IDEA micro sd reader for the iphone

Thanks

Post IDEA micro sd reader for the iphone
    I was just wondering do you guys think its possible to make a micro sd reader for the iphone or itouch useing the port on them

i have an iphone 3gs (32g) and itouch 2g (8g)

this is so then i can increase my 8g itouch to like 24g by useing 16g micro sd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -micro-sd-reader-iphone2.png  

Thanks

Well as far as i know the phone i once had was called an i9 with a sd slot underneath the battery. It was also dual sim equiped. It was the same thickness as the original iphone but the casing was removable. You have a great idea and please post pics of your progress!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Possible....sure.

The hard part would be on the software side, writing an app or even worse...trying to incorporate the feature into the OS.

Thanks

the thing is that i dont know how to make one and how to do the software part. I just came up with the idea on the toilet and i was just wondering if it was possible to do and if some one want to do it you can because i would like to see it work for my itouch or iphone

ty

Thanks

Ideas come to you in all kind of places. Apple should have this feature for at least the micro sd then all you would need is an sd adapter but its a feature of many OTHER phones such as the HTC Touch with a micro sd card slot that you can have in any gb configuration. All I ever did was drag and drop music videos and movies to watch anytime on the Mobile 6 HTC touch and it was pretty cool and this was before the iphone entered my life.
    Ureka-Apple probably would not do the SD card slot for one or two reasons the fact of dragging or dropping movies books and videos and playing them on the iphone simply bypassing itunes would be a big no no.
    Last edited by mikerlx; 08-18-2009 at 11:16 PM.