+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3Gs WiFi crash

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Crashes during upload streaming (parameter in dsl test app) most often, then phone can no longer detect wifi signal. Problem solved by resetting network until you upload again. Many thanks
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jamriman's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3Gs WiFi crash
    Crashes during upload streaming (parameter in
    dsl test app) most often, then phone can no longer detect wifi signal. Problem solved by resetting network until you upload again. Many thanks for any help!
    Solution:
    New one from apple.
    Last edited by jamriman; 08-15-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Firmware? T-Mobile or AT&T? Jailbreak Method? Unlock method? (if applicable). What are you "uploading"? NEED MORE INFO.

Thanks

I tried both 3.0 or 3.01. Doent matter if it's jailbriken or not BUT might of started from when I first jailbroke it but not sure. Used both redsnow for 3.01 and purplerain for 3.0. Thanks!Didn't unlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Firmware? T-Mobile or AT&T? Jailbreak Method? Unlock method? (if applicable). What are you "uploading"? NEED MORE INFO.

Thanks

dude, what are you uploading. are you talking about taking a video and uploading it to youtube? you need to be a little more descriptive so we know how to help you
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    dude, what are you uploading. are you talking about taking a video and uploading it to youtube? you need to be a little more descriptive so we know how to help you
    Sorry. I could be uploading (watching any kind of video and just stops playing because it looses it wifi connection)YouTube or website videos. It happens very fast when I run the DSL speed test on the upload setting. Thanks!
    Last edited by jamriman; 08-14-2009 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks

thats not uploading. thats just watching a video. thats more streaming. uploading is when you take a video and put it somewhere (like to youtube) what your saying is that when you click on some sort of youtube video your watching it and then all of a sudden it stops loading the video? is that right?

Thanks

thats not uploading. thats just watching a video. thats more streaming. uploading is when you take a video and put it somewhere (like to youtube) what your saying is that when you click on some sort of youtube video your watching it and then all of a sudden it stops loading the video? is that right?
    Yes, it looses the wifi connection. I go into settings and although it says it connected, but its really not. Then just no longer sees it if I toggle wifi on and off. It doesn't switch over to 3g either, its just hung until I reset network connection. I thought it was uploading because when I run the TEST app it crashes during upload. Thanks

Thanks

what i would suggest is restoring your phone, reset network settings then jailbreak,then after the jailbreak i would reset network settings again. this is what i did and i have had absolutely no issues with my wifi. i had some with edge but i resolved that with a reboot

Thanks

what i would suggest is restoring your phone, reset network settings then jailbreak,then after the jailbreak i would reset network settings again. this is what i did and i have had absolutely no issues with my wifi. i had some with edge but i resolved that with a reboot
    Thanks but I did every combination possible unless you mean in that exact order. Otherwise do you think its time for the dreaded Genius bar? Thanks!

Thanks

do it in that order. thats how i did it.

Thanks

do it in that order. thats how i did it.
    No luck. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Well I gave up. Got a new one from Apple. Second one this week. First one was intermittent locking up (freezing), second iPhone was this wifi problem. Used purple rain for V3.0 and redsnow for 3.01. Not sure but is possible jailbreak messes with baseband or something that a full restore with new phone set up can't fix? Now Im hesitant to jailbreak again. I welcome comments. Thanks!
    Last edited by jamriman; 08-15-2009 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost