+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS backlight not working, any suggestions?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey i dunno if someone here can help. I went out drinking a couple of nights ago and one of my "mates" poured drink over my trouser's that just so
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb 3GS backlight not working, any suggestions?
    Hey i dunno if someone here can help.

I went out drinking a couple of nights ago and one of my "mates" poured drink over my trouser's that just so happened to have my iphone in!! I turned my phone off til the morning and when i turned in on the backlight was ok for about half an hour then it turned off again n' it kept doing this for a good few hours untill the backlight don't come on at all now. It flicked on quickly when i turned the phone on but since doing a reset to try n maybee fix it the backlight don't come on at all now. The phone in itself is fine, i can still make calls n so on but i can barely see the screen.

Any idea's to help fix this problem would be great!
    Thanks, chris.

Thanks

i know this is like a DUH response but you probably did some damage with the drink. i would suggest turning the phone off for a bit and letting it just chill. then i would check and see if it shows visible signs of water damage. if not then see if the apple store or att will replace it. my 3g did something similar only it had nothing to do having water spilled on it. i had a car adapter that had the ability to turn the backlight on and off adn i just did that a million times until it came back to life.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.