+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Painting an iphone 2G

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey just wondering if anyone can give me some suggestions. I'm thinking of painting my iPhone 2G something like colorware would do. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Painting an iphone 2G
    Hey just wondering if anyone can give me some suggestions. I'm thinking of painting my iPhone 2G something like colorware would do. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with doing something like this. What paint to use, steps in taking the phone apart, stuff like that. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

automotive paint is going to be the only way to go. you will need to use a base coat/clear coat. i wouldnt use any single stage paint, it wont give you the type of gloss you want. if you dont have the right equipment to spray the paint ( HVLP gun or airbrush) you are really just wasting you time bc anything else is going to be inferior. if your not sure about some of the things i talked about above then you prolly shouldnt try it yourself.

here is a 3g cover i did. i was going to put it on my phone but it got damaged before i got a chance to put it on. but anyways it is silver base with a candy green on top, followed buy 3 coats of clear with house of color ice pear for the glitter effect. i have a whole 2g housing i got off of a damaged phone if your interested in getting it painted i could paint this one and send it to you. i would just ask a small fee for painting it and just ask for your housing in return unless you wanted to keep it then i would ask for another small fee for the housing.. anyways sorry to ramble but here is the pic of the 3g

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

I would suggest, if you dont have the experience doing it.....not to try it yourself. Its very easy to destroy your phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    I would suggest, if you dont have the experience doing it.....not to try it yourself. Its very easy to destroy your phone.
    ^Agree if you dont wanna open it yourself you could always send it to CPJR lol. he has my 3g as we speak

Thanks

Guys, I will not even lie. I tried to use a can of spray paint on a 2g scratched housing and it was horrible. I had no idea CPJR was doing it as a service otherwise I would not have thrown it away.

Thanks

Did you tape up the apple logo? It looks pretty good.

Thanks

no , I have a guy local that will make them for me. I spray the base then put down the chrome logo and then clear over top of it so you cant feel it. it gives everything a smooth feel

Thanks
    ^Nice Colors.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by denimdragon View Post
    ^Nice Colors.
    Thanks