+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dropped iphone, now no service.

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I had my iphone in my pocket with a hard plastic case with the screen facing my leg. I hit the phone on a piece of metal that I ran
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Dropped iphone, now no service.
    I had my iphone in my pocket with a hard plastic case with the screen facing my leg. I hit the phone on a piece of metal that I ran into which I assume flexed the center of the iphone. After I took the phone out of the case and noticed that the chrome bezel on on side was sticking up from the back plastic which tells me that the phone was flexed. After this the phone works perfectly, not a single problem, except I can no longer get service anywhere. So I took the phone apart to check it out and disassembled it to see if anything was awry. Everything looked good except for the chrome bezel, which I bent back, and the mainboard which had a very slight bend in it. I checked all the connections and put it back together. Still no go. Since I use T-Mobile, I tried a restore and put in an AT&T sim card. Still no signal.

I am pretty sure that flexing the mainboard screwed up something in regards to the antenna. Does anyone have any suggestions on anything else I could check that might be the root of this problem?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

droping or hiting the phone can damage the radio unit/wifi unit. I would go to ur Apple store or Att store and see if they will do a warrenty replacement and if ur out of warrenty they sell a 69$ extended warrenty you get that regester it wiht ur phone and bam fresh 2 year warrenty/replacement also if you killed any of the void stickers inside the phone you may have a problem. so just thought i would let that out there for you
    Last edited by darklemon; 08-04-2009 at 08:48 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does the antenna share the same antenna with the WiFi? Because I am having no trouble picking up and using WiFi.

Also, the phone broke about a week out of my warranty period. I assume it is too late to extend the warranty? Anyway, I took out the warranty voiding sticker when I took apart the phone.

Any other suggestions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Att stores sell a box that is an apple warrenty even if ur out of ur orignal warrenty you can buy this and extend it. now what I would think will work is buy this warrenty get it registerd with ur phone Than book an apple meeting at a store and let them look at ur phone chances are when they see you have a warrenty they will just replace the phone without opening it up. and no they use diffrent antenna.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can I buy this warranty at AT&T even though I am a T-Mobile customer?