+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Iphone in so many pieces!

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I took my iphone to a local kiosk in the mall to get the back cover changed. The guys there both said they have done it several times before.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help Iphone in so many pieces!
    So I took my iphone to a local kiosk in the mall to get the back cover changed. The guys there both said they have done it several times before. I Drop off the phone with cover and leave.
    the next morning they called me to come get my phone. I come in and they said oh its not ready. This continues in a similar process for about a week. Finally irate I demand my phone back. The guy pulls out a bag of parts. Which at this point I assume is some spare stuff he had around.
    He then proceeds to tell me that this is my phone! Not only can these &$^#&* not figure out how to change the cover they cant get it back together!!!!!
    I am now desperate to get this phone back together. Can someone recommend a reputable place to send it that wont rip my head off in price?
    ~Desperate in wisconsin.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,696 Times in 5,956 Posts

Welcome to MMi,
    Find a post by one of these gentleman. You can find one of their posts in this thread.
    You can send a PM to either members "one1" or "cpjr". Both are very reputable and fair.
    Sux buddy, sure hope they gave you all the parts and didn't screw it up.

Thanks

damn, i would beat dudes *** if i were you
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

Thanks
    Thanked 9,696 Times in 5,956 Posts

^ no doubt +1. I would be raising hella.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

haha me too

Thanks

Id beat the **** out of dude or sue them

Thanks
    I would probably kick his ***, and then take his phone. LOL

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

seriously thats ****** up

Thanks

Being in the UK, I don't know a great deal about consumer rights in America, however the theory of consumer rights tends to be pretty much universal. So please everyone don't shoot me down on this but at least clarify what may be correct and where I am way off the mark.

You took your iphone to two guys who run a "kiosk", something in the way of a market stall or non fixed place of business. You agreed with them a contract of business, in that you pay them to complete a task, in this case replace a back of an iphone. When you left the device, and replacement back did you get any sort of signed receipt (at least for them taking the device, and ideally with some sort of instruction of work to be done). Providing you have some sort of signed document naming them or their business then you have consumer rights - they agreed to perform an act of business for financial renumartion - ultimately they failed to provide this service and also most likely destroyed your property in the failing. As a consumer your rights mean you can persue them to receive not only your property back, in the condition it was supplied in, or if they can not provide it in the way it was given (ie you gave a working iPhone and they gave you it back in bits) they are liable to provide a working replacement of equivalent specification and value - ie provide you a replacement iPhone.

I googled consumer rights and came up with this site which seems to have some reasonable information:-
    Wisconsin Consumer Lawyers: Attorneys For Consumer Law
    In the UK if you can not afford lawyers but have consumer related issues or need advice there is a Government funded service called Citizens Advice Bureau (it's probably changed name from when I remember it from) but I am sure there is an equivalent service in your state.

Basically I am trying to say if you gave them a working iPhone and paid them to do something to it being given back a bag of bits of iphone is not acceptable. You should persue this not just to get back your property in the same condition it was provided to them (or an equivalent device), but also to ensure others do not end up in the same situation.
    Last edited by Robcoffee; 08-04-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Typos
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^+1 a few hundred dollar iphone isn't anything to just chalk up as a loss. I'd go after these guys

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, you can take them to small claims court and sue them for whatever you paid them and either the cost of the repair or the cost of a replacement for a used phone in the same condition (you will typically be rewarded the cheapest solution). Keep in mind though, you have to prove that they had sufficient amount of time to correct the issue.

Green Apple
    Thanks

wow man that horrible.. i would make them buy u a new one.. i actually took mine apart and put it back together no problem.