Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How long does digitizer last?

Default How long does digitizer last?
    Kind of a weird question. But I am an Iphone 2G owner, along with a BB curve 8320 owner.

I've been using my BB curve a lot more that the Iphone this summer, to kind of 'save' it. The Iphone works perfectly and I have zero issues with it.

But I'm one of those guys who kind of worries a lot. The Iphone warrenty ran out, I have a nice screen protector on it, and a nice protective case covering the skin.

People always ask me "dude, why don't you bust out the iphone?"

I always tell them I'm saving it and using it for important times and stuff...

But really, I'm kind of saving the digitizer. The Iphone is the oldest Iphone, and I was wondering how long do the digitizers last? I'm sure it depends on how well you take care of your phone, but does anyone have a general idea?

Im curious as well, sold my 2G which was still going strong to get a 3Gs in fear of the digitizer crapping out on me.

Although think ive heard reports of people out of warranty getting them replaced by apple? Hmm

Haha yeah. I hate to worry and just save the iphone, I mean what's the point of that? I know plenty of people out there can just go buy a new one or replace it from Apple, but I originally bought it from a friend.

Livin the iPhone Life

It all depends on how often/agressively you use your phone. what are you saving the iphone for?