+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How long does digitizer last?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Kind of a weird question. But I am an Iphone 2G owner, along with a BB curve 8320 owner. I've been using my BB curve a lot more that the
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default How long does digitizer last?
    Kind of a weird question. But I am an Iphone 2G owner, along with a BB curve 8320 owner.

I've been using my BB curve a lot more that the Iphone this summer, to kind of 'save' it. The Iphone works perfectly and I have zero issues with it.

But I'm one of those guys who kind of worries a lot. The Iphone warrenty ran out, I have a nice screen protector on it, and a nice protective case covering the skin.

People always ask me "dude, why don't you bust out the iphone?"

I always tell them I'm saving it and using it for important times and stuff...

But really, I'm kind of saving the digitizer. The Iphone is the oldest Iphone, and I was wondering how long do the digitizers last? I'm sure it depends on how well you take care of your phone, but does anyone have a general idea?

Thanks

Im curious as well, sold my 2G which was still going strong to get a 3Gs in fear of the digitizer crapping out on me.

Although think ive heard reports of people out of warranty getting them replaced by apple? Hmm

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Haha yeah. I hate to worry and just save the iphone, I mean what's the point of that? I know plenty of people out there can just go buy a new one or replace it from Apple, but I originally bought it from a friend.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It all depends on how often/agressively you use your phone. what are you saving the iphone for?