Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Replacement of the glass - What about Digitizer? + Case question

Default Replacement of the glass - What about Digitizer? + Case question
    Hello guys,
    I bought my iPhone about 1.5 year ago and it works just fine, but... I bought it with a cracked front glass, but it were and it still is working just fine, but i just wanna replace it with new one, but now im kind confused.
    I found on eBay alot of replacement screen glasses but i also saw the ones with digitizer.
    So now - If i just buy the cheap one for 10$ and exchange it - my iPhone will work how it should?
    If somebody could explain that to me i would really appreciate that.

Also i got second question, case of my iPhone is kind of bend and it just looks ******, also the plastic cover is all the time coming out and its freaking me out... I were looking for a case on eBay but i couldnt find one, i were just finding plastic case covers.
    Is there a way to replace whole case?

Thanks!

If its a first-gen iphone the glass/digitizer and LCD are 1 part and must be swapped as such. The part alone is about $130.

It is a 8GB 2G i think. lol.
    So why people are selling things like this? And others are buying it
    Outer LCD Screen Lens Glass Replacement for iPhone 2G - eBay (item 180377828750 end time Aug-03-09 14:21:00 PDT)

Because they dont know any better. There is a 99% chance you will break the rest of the screen trying to remove the glass.

This is also why you see TONS of 2g iphones on ebay for sale w/ broken glass.

99%?
    Why it is so hard to replace the screen?
    I dont feel like paying $130 to a old iPhone...
    Last edited by Juno; 07-29-2009 at 08:57 PM.

1% chance you get really "lucky" and dont break the digitizer and/or LCD. The parts are glued together and arent meant to come apart.

The digitizer is a super thin piece of glass glued to the back of the glass screen. It has the same strength as a saltine cracker.

I started thinking about getting the 3GS from the ATT, how do you think, for how much could i sell my iPhone in that condition?

You'd love the 3GS.....huge improvement.

You'll prolly get around $75-$100 for yours if its pretty banged up and w/ the cracked glass.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Juno (07-29-2009)

That sucks, i tought that i will be able to get 150 for it.
    I would sell it right away ;]

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Juno View Post
    That sucks, i tought that i will be able to get 150 for it.
    I would sell it right away ;]
    Always give it a go - List it for 150 on Craigslist and see what people respond with!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IvanPK For This Useful Post:

Juno (07-29-2009)