Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can't receive sms

Default can't receive sms
    i have jailbroken my iPhone 3g on firmware 3.0 and for the first few hours it was fine and now recently after sending sms to my brother and him sending them back i have discovered that my iPhone can no longer receive sms messages. does anyone have any solutions to this problem?
    any help will be greatly appreciated
    thank you in advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Goto your settings and try "resetting" your "Network Settings" This might help you; fingers crossed. Note: Make sure you reboot your phone after the network reset, I think it does anyway on its on, but if not, make sure you reboot your device.

Chris
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

i did as instructed and left my phone over night and received sms as usual, so i was rejoicing, but i sent one back and now of course have stopped receiving them, if i was to restore my iphone using itunes would the problem be sorted?
    thanks in advance

It could be. Maybe something went wrong with the jailbreak....do any of you have an ATT activated sim? If so, I would restore, jailbreak and try to see if the phone sends/receives SMSs that way. If so at least you know its something with the hardware.

OR

you can try the ATT simcard without restoring too and see if the phone's able to send/receive SMS messages

well i'm in the uk and i'm using an o2 sim card, the uk equivalent to your att, however i was sending and receiving sms on 2.2.1 fine so i'm thinking a downgrade may work? also i put my sim in my old phone and i can send and receive sms messages so i'm sure its the phone, just not sure if it's the firmware or the actual phone itself.
    thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

You'll need to do a restore then re-jailbreak. That will probably sort it out; or at least I hope so!

Chris
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

ok i used itunes to restore then re-jailbroke my iPhone 3g and it's working fine on 3.0 so far, so fingers crossed it'll continue to work well, if not then i guess a downgrade is in order. thanks for all your help guys.

ahaha it seems whenever i try to sync cracked apps then my iPhone's sms function messes up and I'm not sure whether it's a faulty app or the ******* for o.s 3.0 hasn't taken well to my iPhone, either way, I think the easiest solution is to downgrade and wait for 3.1, thanks for all the help

ah seems someone had a similar problem where he couldn't receive calls, any who, a certain genius came up with the solution, so anyone looking here for the solution should go here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...iphone-2g.html
    Last edited by omarius; 07-26-2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost