Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G 8gb/16gb board switch?

Cool 3G 8gb/16gb board switch?
    whats up guys? ok so heres my question/problem... i have a 3g 8gb iphone 3.0 os, ive jailbroke it and all that good hackin stuff! last week my friend brought me a 3g 16gb iphone that got ran over or somethin cuz the screen was totally busted cracked all to hell! he was thinkin that the board in it is still good and that i should swap it with the board in my phone... you know upgrade from 8gigs to 16gigs. so i did a bunch of research on if theres anything different about the two phones and the only thing i could come up with is that one is 8 gigs and the other is 16! so last night i said **** it lets do this. after i did the swap and started up the phone everything was cool, but then i realized ima have to start from scratch! jailbreak, apps, skins/themes/icons, ect... and man **** that, you know how much time ive already put into gettin my phone all done up how i like it? yeah you know what im talkin bout. anyways so i swapped back and did the most backing up i could and i pretty much got it all except for a couple apps and some little stuff like what order i had all my apps in but thats no big deal. so i swapped back to the 16 gig, put all my stuff on it and was tired as hell by this point, its was about 3 am last night when i finally went to bed. now heres my problem... when i went to bed my 8 gig, now 16 gig 3G 3.0 os jailbroke iphone had 100% battery and when i woke up around noon today and looked at my phone it had only 1% battery! so i charged it again to 100% and like after a hour or two of just being in my pocket it was at like 73% and not only that but its pretty choppy too. like when i play games and stuff its all "skippy" like kind of slowish... so ive now swapped back to the 8 gig board and the phone is working fine back to normal. im just wondering if its the battery or something? do i need to swap the batteries too or whats up? thanks for any help if any knows! peace

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

If it was the battery then it would still be doing it with the 8gig board.

Something on the 16gb board got damaged when it was hit.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Ray 2x (07-20-2009)

yeah thats what i was kind of thinkin too, i just did the swap back bout an hour ago so ill let yall know how long the battery is lastin...!

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    If it was the battery then it would still be doing it with the 8gig board.

Something on the 16gb board got damaged when it was hit.
    Ditto

Can you post side by side shots of both logic boards front & back?

I'd like to see something

if a part is broken I'll be able to tell. I've got 2 16GB logic boards on my desktop right now and an 8GB I'm about to dismantle in the morning

For your camera, turn on macro for detail pics up close

ok ill post some pics when i get home, do you really need to see the 8gig one cuz that means i need to take my phone apart again?