Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ringer switch stuck

Default ringer switch stuck
    I recently dropped my iphone 2g for the first time
    and the ringer switch broke.
    my phone is now stuck in silent mode.
    Is there any software bypass to get rid of the silent mode?
    HELP PLZ!

Thanks
    well you're not alone, kinda. my switch on my 3G is not stuck but goes too far back so my phone is always on loud no more silent feature. Wish someone had some ideas

iphoneraz. This just happened to me. I have the same problem now. Do you not have a warrenty on your phone? I am going to the store on friday to see about a replacement. My phone is in perfect condition other than jailbreak, so ill have to restore first.

Thanks
    Nope, i don't think so anyway. I bought the phone on CL and now its jailbroken, unlocked and running on TMO. Life sucks without a silent switch. thats why i was hoping someone has or is developing a better solution for sound profiling. profiling that controls all sound aspects of the phone. c'mon biggboss or anyone. willing to pay.

You have to open it to correct it being stuck. Its a plastic switch that's affixed to a metal bracket which has a tiny lever on it.

What's happened is the outer plastic switch is off the metal bracket and has jammed the lever switch.

If you open the phone down to the mb, you'll be able to fix it in < 20 mins

Ok. Coming back to this thread hours later, I've concluded that the I posted about how to correct a jammed vibrate switch. The volume one is even easier. Get the phone apart.

Remove the logic board and chrome bezel. Push the ringer rocker switch out from the other side and reinsert it back in place. Reassemble the phone taking note where all the screws went. Reverse the process to reassemble the phone back to where it was.

Test the switch
    Last edited by tiguy99; 08-07-2009 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost