Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What Did I Break Now??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default What Did I Break Now??
    well too make a long story shot i dropped my iphone 2g while the back was off.. my comm. board poprd out with half of a flextcable still on it but i have no idea what it goes to . i have included a pic with the cable that broke circled. .. what does this cable do and is it easy ti fix.. thanks alot guys
    Last edited by bftiedt; 07-15-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Not sure if you can fix the cable you may be better off just ordering a new digitizer/screen. It'll run you around $120-$150.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,893 Times in 6,043 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bftiedt View Post
    well too make a long story shot i dropped my iphone 2g while the back was off.. my comm. board poprd out with half of a flextcable still on it but i have no idea what it goes to . i have included a pic with the cable that broke circled. .. what does this cable do and is it easy ti fix.. thanks alot guys
    My advice is to send a PM to member "one1" he is the guru of repair. In fact in his signature is a link to flex cable repair. He surely could help you out. Do a search for "the randomly off topic thread", I know he posted there today.

Or cpjr. Both of them would be able to name exactly what's wrong.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bftiedt View Post
    i am not an expert but i have been fixing(when i say fix i mean usually making 1 out of 2) a couple iPhones in the past month or so....

the flex cable that you have circled just pushes on the backside of the main board just like the others that you have disconnected...it doesnt look as if anything is broken to me from looking at the pic

but like i said im no expert but its could be a pain to get it back on the board...what i do is push the bottom flex cable in first(the on coming form the charging port)

then holding the main board close to the frame i use a small flat screwdriver to push the connector/flex cable you have circled on the board(it usually takes me a few times to get it lined up)

then i push the other two from the other side...but making sure i keeep the main board close to the frame b/c the flex cables will pop off easy

then i make sure all 4 are still connected to the board and screw it down to the frame...

i hope i helped you some....i figured this out by taking a dead one apart and putting it back together just to see how everything goes....im sure the experts have an easier way and "special" tools to do it

but the ones i did are working so far with no problems..
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

Thanks

the flex cable i circled is the on i broke... its just not broke in the pic...yet... lol

Thanks

no one?

read second post....time for a new digitizer sir...Sorry. That flex cable circled is connected directly to the digitizer/screen.
    Last edited by thms7722; 07-18-2009 at 06:23 AM.

Thanks

thats what i thught ,, thanks alot guys