Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2g lcd/digitizer glass repair..

Arrow 2g lcd/digitizer glass repair..
    hey folks, i dropped my iphone the other day and i guess i broke the digitizer cuz the top half of the sreen doesnt respond to touch any longer.. im looking at a used lcd, digitizer and glass combo.. my question is, the used combo im looking at has scratches and scuffs on the glass. would it be possible to switch the glass? the glass on my phone is near perfect and would much rather use it then the used one... if it is possible what would i need to get the job done and are there any good guides to use??

thanks for the help
    RCB

I had a similar issue, my glass was shattered but still in tact and the digitizer works flawlessly so my touch functionality worked fine.

I bought replacement parts(3G new glass + digitizer) from idemigods.com for $60 + shipping. You cannot replace the glass without replacing the digitizer since the digitizer's wires run along the border of the glass under the black colored glass.

If you replace the glass you replace the digitizer as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 6,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RCB View Post
    hey folks, i dropped my iphone the other day and i guess i broke the digitizer cuz the top half of the sreen doesnt respond to touch any longer.. im looking at a used lcd, digitizer and glass combo.. my question is, the used combo im looking at has scratches and scuffs on the glass. would it be possible to switch the glass? the glass on my phone is near perfect and would much rather use it then the used one... if it is possible what would i need to get the job done and are there any good guides to use??

thanks for the help
    RCB
    2G replacement is tougher that the 3G. If it were mine I would send a PM to "cpjr". He does this type of replacement and is quite reasonably as well as trusted. He has done this for many members here.

Quote Originally Posted by RCB View Post

thanks for the help
    RCB
    when i had my 2g i had to replace my digitizer and no you can not just replace the glass, it is one whole assembly
    Last edited by Tunerfreak; 07-16-2009 at 01:53 PM.