Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone stuck on Legal Docs screen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Iphone stuck on Legal Docs screen
    Hello everyone, as you can probably tell I'm a new comer to the boards and just wanted some help with an iphone i recently purchased.

it seems that when i turn on the iphone it powers on to some weird modded legal documents screen and from there won't let me go to the main screen. I've tried turning it on and off several times but it doesn't seem to do anything but turn on/off. I tried connecting it to my computer but it doesn't recognize/see the iphone being plugged in. I received this phone for free from my gf's sister who she received it from for free. So just wondering if anyone could help me with this. Help would be very appreciated.

The screen looks like an Apple with cross bones saying Poison with this

"WARNING! Some of the iPhone components contain trace amounts of brominated compounds which can create dioxin when burned. Only set your iPhone on fire in a well ventalated area, and never attempt to directly smoke or inject your iPhone

iPhone earbuds contain trace amounts of phthalates which are within both strict US and EU safety standars. However, earbuds should not be ingested, smoked, or used as a sex toy by pregnant woman, children, or rodents.

Pregnant mothers who ingest large quantities of earbuds may hamper fetal development contributing to shortened penis size (rodents only_, shortened anogenital distance (human boys only), and undescended testis (human boys and rodents).

If the earbuds are ingested or inhaled in large quantities, the phtalates may contribue to allergies in children, and obesity in men.

Sounds like a prank thing.

I highly recommend putting the phone in DFU Mode, and restoring with iTunes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well thats the problem. I tried putting it in DFU mode but the computer won't even recognize that its connected. as stated before. I dunno i've tried all i could. I held the power and home for 10 seconds nothing, just powers off.

to also add when its left on the screen for like 2 minutes or so it looks like it's trying to load something, or the process circle is moving but then completely freezes...You think that maybe the Genius Bar would replace this or what?
    Last edited by kevphan08; 07-12-2009 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I wouldn't reccommend taking it to the Genius Bar without a restore, as your problem sounds like the phone has been Jailbroken.

Follow all the steps, just holding home and power turns it off. Look at RedSn0w or whatever to find the instructions

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

[ame=http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44073]{A27}Changing "Legal" in Settings - iPod touch Fans forum[/ame]

Looks like it may be a prank check that out