+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WIFI ANTENNA BAD? please advise

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Can a wifi antenna go bad in a iphone3g8gig? just about any router i try and connect to will not connect inless i'm within 10-20 feet from it if i
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default WIFI ANTENNA BAD? please advise
    Can a wifi antenna go bad in a iphone3g8gig?

just about any router i try and connect to will not connect inless i'm within 10-20 feet from it if i walk out of this space i lose connection. i get a 1 bar signal from 40 feet away but i can Never join the network from that far says "unable to join network" so has anyone ever had a bad antenna on an iphone? i have taken it apart and made sure it was connected ok and it looked ok so i'm not sure if the flex from the hook to the antenna is broken or whatever. Any input would be helpfull thanks

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

I would try a restore first. But anything is possible, the flex cable could have an issue or the antenna, which is located under a plastic piece under the mainboard directly under where the simcard sits (if that makes sense).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes that makes perfect sence i have looked at antennas on ebay and know what ur talking about. I also wonder if i can take come conductive ink and draw a line inside the case and paint or tape over it and make the antenna better? or has anyone seen some wifi antenna mods?

also when i got the iphone it had beta 3 on it or whatever before 3.0 was out if a restore works what do I do from there?

any advice on what I should restore it to?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Well the official 3.0 is out now, so i'd use that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Had the same problems with the older software and I upgraded to the official 3.0 and jailbroke it but wifi problems have been with me in bolth software

My iPhone is a Part of Me ekidd's Avatar
    Thanks

i had a problem with my 3g where my phone couldnt even find any wifi networks. I tried everything. i reset the network settings, erased all content and settings, reset my router, and even restored about 5 times. i came to a conclusion that my 3g was retarded or something so i brought it to apple and had it replaced.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well maybe i just need to take it in and see if i can get it replaced
    really dont think i will be able to but worth a shot

wierd how it works within 10-20 feet than drops out like that says hardware problem to me.