+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone charge port broken.

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok, so lets just say a 15 year old kid messed around with his older brothers phone and somehow something inside of the connector port broke. I can't plug it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone charge port broken.
    ok, so lets just say a 15 year old kid messed around with his older brothers phone and somehow something inside of the connector port broke. I can't plug it in due to something jamming it, I don't see much of a difference inside of it but one metal part looks slightly bent. I cant post pictures and I am bad at giving a description so I am wondering how much it would cost to get it fixed...

Thanks
    Thanked 9,696 Times in 5,956 Posts

There are a couple members her that do repairs on iPhones. For this type of problem I would say send a PM to one1. He is the guru of iPhones as well as cpjr.
    They will lead you in the right direction.
    I should add that you can pick up a used 2G (3G still holding good value) phone pretty darn cheap now. Tons on eBay and Craigs list. SO it may be cheaper in a long run to replace it.
    But PM one of them if not both.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Click the flex cable link in my sig
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Update, IT CAN CHARGE, my brother straightened a crooked pin and it can fit with chargers... BUT it won't show that it's charging and it took all night to fully charge.... Last night my parents took me to the apple store and it would be $200 like I thought it would be, my dad thought they might know how to fix it... Like they would tell me that?

So now I can charge it slightly and can't sync it..... The second I can get a 3G S upgrade I will but I got this phone in october so I'm guessing it be a while? And one1 do you still fix iPhones? I noticed your thread but it said you stopped...