Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G battery or Mainboard?

Default Iphone 3G battery or Mainboard?
    Hey guys ran into a little problem while attempting a red housing swap on my brand new 3G Ok so it I didn't like the way the red housing fit so I decided to go back to the stock white. Well... After putting it all back together again it doesn't work. If I plug it directly into the wall charger I get a gray screen with the apple logo in the middle. When it is on the wall charger I can get it to go into DFU where it says "connect to itunes". But when I unplug it from the wall charger and try to plug it into the usb of my pc it simply goes blank, no logo, no power, no nothing. Could it be the battery because it did bend some when I pried it off the housing or is it the Main board? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've got a 3g 16gb board like this, the previous owner replaced a broken digitizer and once it was all together it would only recognise DFU by usb to the computer - but if plugged into the wall charger would boot to Connect to Itunes screen - as soon as you unplug it from the wall charger it goes off though.

I removed the battery completely, and now it quite happily boots from the computer USB port giving connect to itunes or I can put it in DFU - either way at the end of the Preparing iphone for Restore stage the screen just goes off completely. I'm waiting for an external battery to turn up with through port for the usb cable to see if that will keep it running during restore.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I have tried the motherboard in 3 different housings and it made no difference. I hope someone has an answer for you soon!
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I've got 2 of them in 3g 16gb form that do this and 6 of them in 2g 8gb form. ALL of them do it. For someone like me that has a few spares around I can sometimes combine a few phone to make one working one, but for the average joe it's time to toss.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Well I'm getting tired of screwing with it. My last ditch attempt might be to try a new battery. Thanks anyways guys.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Well if you're in the 50 you can click the hardware link and send it over, fyi.

Might work, might not.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

"in the 50" meaning stateside? Right now I'm in Afghanistan, I'm a US contractor. If you don't have a problem mailing it to an APO than sure I'll send it to ya. Shipping normally takes 7 to 10 days. One more thing about the phone is the speaker(bottom)is screwed too because I originally thought the Charger Connector Ribbon Flex Cable might have gotten damaged and attempted to repair it not realizing it was soldered on I ripped it off(I got a new one). But still, I'll pay for that to get repaired to if you can see if you can work your magic on the other problem..