Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G "No Service" Hardware problem.

Default Iphone 3G "No Service" Hardware problem.

Hi all,

Hope you are all well, and that maybe someone can advise me.

I stupidly decided to take my 3G apart to replace the damaged back casing.

Now that I have eventually got it back together I get a constant "NO SERVICE" message. It's re-flashed to standard 3.0 and has no other mods of any kind. So I'm pretty sure it's a hardware thing.

Can anyone advise me on which part I've damaged or not replaced properly or even point me in the direction of some help.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Mick

Has no one encountered this or have any idea?

You've probably messed up the antennas?

That's part of my problem.. I don't know where they are...:-(

Mick

The antenna connects by seating to little metal spring contacts, bottom right of the mobo actually on the dock and speaker unit and I think somewhere top left. Anyway the one most likely out is the dock/speaker unit - remove the mobo again, check you have the dock unit correctly seated and look for the little copper spring contact - when you reseat the mobo make sure that you are hitting that contact point.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

MickDude (07-20-2009)

Rob,

Many many thanks for your help, but I still can't get it going. To make matters worse, I've just realised that the 2 gold spring contacts for (I presume) the Home button ('cos it doesn't work) have come off (God knows how!)

And on that note, can anyone recommend a good UK repair centre that I can trust to fix whatever it requires please?

Thanks once again.

Mick

Do you guys have Craigslist out there?? I always see repair centers listed on Criagslist locally in the US when I go on to look for iphones.

Might help you out a lil bit

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tiguy99 For This Useful Post:

MickDude (07-20-2009)

Thanks Tiguy.

I've sent it to ipodrepaircentre dot com
    They were recommended to me by a guy on Twitter who has used them. I'll report back with the results.

Many thanks once again

Mick