+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HEy guys iphone 2g problem solved

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Okie, i know i posted before a couple of times about my iphone 2g being posessed etc. It would completely spaz out and hit keys on its own. The home
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default HEy guys iphone 2g problem solved
    Okie, i know i posted before a couple of times about my iphone 2g being posessed etc. It would completely spaz out and hit keys on its own. The home screen would swipe from left to right on its own. I couldn't dial numbers or send texts cause it love to type on its own. Then i decided to restore , run redsn0w without installing cydia on it. Cause i would still need it jailbroke to be able to use phone. Since I installed redsn0w with no cydia my phone has been stable. Nothing twitching or spazing out. I still get dropped calls but i'm on t-mobile and i read a lot of people are getting that. So I am wondering if anyone else has had cydia problems while its installed on your phone?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,696 Times in 5,956 Posts

Wow, strange one. If restoring and problems are still there. I suggest to restore (as as new) again to a fresh 3.0 and jailbreak again to eliminate that. If still a problem you have T Mo burn you a new sim. At least a try.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

fattydakid (07-10-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i did try the fresh install and adding the jailbreak numerous times. This is the only time that it has not giving me problems. Without cydia though im straight. sucks that i dont know how to get some of those cool apps they offer now hehe. but ill wait till next update or something and see whats up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yah thats weird... maybe when the firmware file was originally built there was something messed up. I'd add Cydia back in and/or use redsnow and let it put it in. Only problem i've had with Cydia is its slow but they updated it recently and it works better now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LrdBane For This Useful Post:

fattydakid (07-10-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vNv2nsQsgs]YouTube - my iPhone is possesed, HELP[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO0w7vTItXQ]YouTube - my possesed iPhone, HELP part 2[/ame]

those videos above was what was happening to my phone when i had cydia on.
    so im not sure if its just me being really unlucky
    or what. Is there away to get cydia on my iphone without the redsn0w file. maybe a way to do it through a download on safari etc.

Thanks

Cydia wouldn't cause that problem.

It looks like your digitizer is going out. There is a batch of 2G iPhones with faulty digitizers, Apple will replace for free out of warranty

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan206 For This Useful Post:

fattydakid (07-10-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

O ya ryan206, where do i go about finding out what i need to have that looked into?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

That's what my iphone looks like... when I am screwing with it via VEENCY.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

12. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

fattydakid (07-10-2009)

Thanks

Yah it looks like a digitizer problem... all the hits look like they are in the center of the screen. The phones sometimes were not "airtight" and dust and or even mist could have entered it at some point. As to the randomness heck just as a freak incident. No way Cydia could have anything to do with it. Its like saying your car's glove box is messing with your fuel mileage. Sure they are in the same car. But 2 different things are happening.

I'd say take it into an Apple store and ask them if thats even possible. They may check for water damage thru the headphone port and play around with it. If they think they can help you your gona have to tell them you need to sync your phone at home first cause its been a while since backup and then bring it back powered off and restored with an old ATT chip. (Make sure actually backup your phone though) I'm almost sure they wont have a 2G in stock anyway and will have to order one within 2 days. What you also can do is see if somehow you are still under warranty here
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LrdBane For This Useful Post:

fattydakid (07-10-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default wow dude i need to hustle
    Our records indicate that your product is covered for service and telephone support under the AppleCare Protection Plan which is estimated to expire on July 12, 2009.

Your product is eligible for complimentary phone support which is estimated to expire on July 13, 2009.

so i got a few days of warranty lmao.

ok im not a at&t customer though. im on tmobile. what steps do i take?
    Restore the phone and remove the sim card? no jailbreak or anything? thanks for the help asap.

few other things about the phone.

I got it from a friend so i don't have an original reciept or any type of info other then my iTunes id.
    I'm not a at&t customer , i'm running unlocked on t-mobile and was jailbroken.

wow funny thing is i did try veency once. I think that was the first time i had the problems to haha. Now im wondering if it messed up my phone grrrr.

one1 : funny thing is i tried veency when i first got this phone and had problems but i restored a few times after that so i dont think veency really did anything to add to the problem.
    Last edited by fattydakid; 07-08-2009 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Awesome... ok lets see if we can do this here's what i pretty much did. Found a friend of mine at work that had an extra ATT chip. Doesn't have to be active, just "look" the part. Take your phone in now as it is and get them to look at it, be sure the ATT chip is in there. I also recommend you hide your jailbreak apps incase they poke around but your mostly going to show them your phone doing the random acts of freakyness. If possible show them your youtube video if you can. LOL i didnt remember if it showed a sign of jailbreak but just show them your phone. They will look at it and check your warranty if its not your warranty and a different name is on it you can have them change it and say its a hand me down from someone who got a 3GS which can also explain if they ask about an active ATT account you want to make sure the phone works before setting up your plan. (More you leave out the better but have your stories straight) i think you can even change it online before you go... but they changed it for me in the store by me saying it was my Aunts phone. Either way they will then say they have to order a same model replacement and you can also ask them dumbly as long as you backup your phone at home it will be the same stuff in it. They will smugly say yep and you will be on your way home. They usually call within 2 days saying your phone is in come and get it...

Now once they call and before you go back to the store do your normal backups and then choose restore your phone with ANY firmware thats official apple. 2.2.1 or even 3.0 doesnt matter. You dont need to hold the option key or anything unless you have the official firmware outside of itunes. Once its done and it comes back wanting to hook up to itunes turn it off and put the ATT chip in there and leave it off. Goto the store and they will take your phone remove the chip and put it in the new phone and off you go! They will extend the warranty for another i think 90 days but your lucky. Mine ended soon when i had to do this 6 months ago...
    Last edited by LrdBane; 07-08-2009 at 05:01 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LrdBane For This Useful Post:

fattydakid (07-10-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok update on my phone. LrdBane thanks btw you been very helpful. I went into get a sim card from at&t and ended up having good credit so i actualy for 2 year contract , and saving 30 bux a month. I called up apple as soon as i got home with tech support. They ran me through some steps. I tried them and like before it works great at first them spazzes out im hoping. But regardless i have an apt with the MAC GENIUS, i tried not to laugh when he said it. But i could help but imagine the geek squade and the mac genius's at war. But either way, wish me luck now i can actually upgrade to a legit phone but it would be awesome if i can get this one replaced.

PS: you guys rock.

Thanks

No need to thank me. Theres a button for that Anyway well thats a way to hook you. Well if you got the cash to get a plan that the 3G needs well go for it and when you get this one replaced then you can sell it to someone unlocked when you unlock it again.

Yah the Geniuses like that title. I'd sure like it better than being part of the geek squad. That's high school all over again...

Wait a minute.. i get what you said now... well you can still jailbreak the phone so you can run your own programs. But I also get what you mean... yah make SURE they put you on a 2G data plan... I know some people they have tried to sell them the 3G plan even though they had 2G phones....
    Last edited by LrdBane; 07-09-2009 at 11:36 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LrdBane For This Useful Post:

fattydakid (07-10-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Update on my iphone 2g problem. Since i got on at&t the stupid phone hasnt spazzed out as much. Im curious to if its a connection thing. Cause my tmobile sim was under blackberry data plan and stuff. But now on at&t and stuff it wasnt acting up as much. It did once then straight. On friday though i called up and got the apointment made for today. So i showed up and talk to a kid while waiting, he says theres been bugs and all that with the new OS and its been happening. So i finaly get to talk to the genius. Who looks kinda like the dude from malibus most wanted and oldschool but with glasses. He checked it out and it wasnt acting up. He did some scope thingy down the ear phone jack on the phone. Then checked the pc and diagnostics on it. Said since my warranty is up tomorrow, hes gonna order a complete phone replacement and they will give me a call for me to pick it up. Its not a new 3gs but a new one is better then nothing i guess hehe.

Thanks

Wait.. Did you sign an AT&T Contract without getting a 3GS?

WTF!

He put a scope in the phone to make sure there wasn't water damage

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea i didnt get the phone right off the bat i clearly stated, i have a 2g iphone if i sign this will i be able to upgrade right away to a 3gs, the girl said yes you can. I then asked again at the apple store, ill be able to get the iphone at the contract price now that im on at&t correct, again they told me yes. So im planning to get this phone replaced and then at the end of the month purchase the 3gs.
    Last edited by fattydakid; 07-13-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Well you have to remember when you get a 3GS and upgrade the plan from a 2G that ups the internet price. Well thats if they gave you the lower Edge price and didn't start you out already on 3G speed price. Well either way hope it works for ya over all, and yes having 2 new phones is better than one new phone and one that likes to do its own thing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default hey man
    Welp i went and got my new iphone 2g , so fresh n so clean. But im about to cancell my at*t contract and re do it. Cause i think it was ryan who posted and made sense i didnt get a phone? But i asked them 3x , 2 at the store and 1 on the phone, will i have a problem getting the newer phones at the contract price they said yes. So i got 30 days to deal with them, if i cant get my contract price on the phone im cancelling my account and re doing it somewhere else. I guess the best thing about it though is that i got the iphone replaced.

Thanks

Yah people will tell you anything to get you goin. But you do have 30 days i'd make sure before the complete 30 days are up you make sure you cancel it. They may be sneaky on that too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default update
    im still messing with my iphone 2g on my new contract. I still got ways to go before cancelling it if i decide to. I called up to make sure i was not gonna get jipped into the deal. The dude who signed me up told me since i signed the contract with no equptment purchased that it should entitle me to a subsidized iphone price. Does that make sense to anyone on at&t? I might be posting in the wrong forum btw, sorry bout that.