Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iphone has no service...help!

Angry My iphone has no service...help!
    hello,

I have the 2g 16gb with newest 3.0 version jailbroken iphone. I downloaded the new software the day it came out. Anyways today I woke up and now I have no service??? I have tried everything restarting, restoring to original settings,rejailbrakening, I even called T-Mobile and they said it was probably my antenna. I took it to a phone repair place and they said it was not the antenna and they could not figure out the problem.

I tried my sim in another phone and it works just fine. I have had no service all day on my iphone...can someone please help!!!

Hey,

I see no one responded but did you figure out what your problem was regarding the "no service" issue? I assume your problem happened back in July '09.

I have the exact same problem that started last thursday (12/3/09). I woke up in the morning and checked my phone it said "no service". I rebooted, updated latest software version 3.1.2, re-installed the new software, took it to AT&T and Apple but still no one can tell me what the problem is or even how to solve it.

I'm thinking of taking it to a iphone repair shop to see if it's an antenna problem but I'm thinking based on your original post that this might be a waste of time.

Would you please let me know if you ever got your issue resolved and if so how?

Thanks for your help.....

Hey ,

i have the same problem started in july of 09.
    and i still can't seem to find the problem can any one help ,

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Do u have tmobile. Then make sure 3g is off

My iPhone is a Part of Me ufcsean's Avatar
    Thanks

coool reaaaaaaaal cool

NO SERVICE – if all software method failed.. open you iphone 3g.. find the copper pin from logic board to the body on the lower part. I solder the pin to the body frame. Whola.. solve the problem