+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dim screen after reparing glass and digitizer LCD bad?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok so I put on a new glass and digitizer and everything was fine then I wanted to perfect it so I opened it back up wen I closed it
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Dim screen after reparing glass and digitizer LCD bad?
    Ok so I put on a new glass and digitizer and everything was fine then I wanted to perfect it so I opened it back up wen I closed it and turned it back on only have the screen had touch funcutionality so I assumed I broke the digi while reopeninf it back up so I opened it up AGAIN to see wat was wrong I then closed it and then my screen was dim so dim I can only see it in light also it Shuld b noted that wen removing cables 1,2,3 I broke the connector tab that cable 3 goes into...cable 3 still goes in but it won't lock in so I am wondering is it because of the connnector tab or did I damage my LCD? Thanks

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Cable #3 is the earpiece and proximity sensor....has nothing to do with the screen.

If the screen isnt lighting up then you may not have the flex cable for the LCD seated properly.....its #1, and its very easy to loosen while closing the phone back up.

Either that or you damaged the LCD, as the backlight LED's are part of it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok I'll check that out... Also if i did mess up the LCD would the best thing to do would be to get the complete LCD with glass and digi that I just plug in becaus I stripped the screws that the LCD is attached to

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

The entire screen assembly is pretty expensive......buying only the LCD is somewhat cheap. So, that would be up to you. Im sure you can make do with just the LCD.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes but my issue is that the screws that are in the LCD are stripped I can't take the LCD our with rippin the frame...I see a complete LCD on eBay for 95