+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Matte black backplate?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Are there any services out there like ColorWare etc that are doing matte black replacements like the leaked apple shot from before release? Including the logo and text as well.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Matte black backplate?
    Are there any services out there like ColorWare etc that are doing matte black replacements like the leaked apple shot from before release?

Including the logo and text as well. Not looking for just a plain black back. Bonus points if it's slightly rubberized too.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

I havent seen any place that offers that. I think I heard you can buy those cases on some chinese site but the general consensus was that those photos are of the iPhone's actual case, just before Apple painted it. So we were looking at the 3GS case the whole time, just not completely finished
    iLive an iLife

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Everyone went nuts when those shots were leaked. I definitely wasn't the only one hoping that was the real deal. I'm surprised nobody has tried to capitalize on it yet. I'd pay more than i'm willing to admit for something like that.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol, me too. I think no one is making their own custom housings because those chinese housing cases are always taken and copied from actual apple products and then just painted and stuff. Since that matte case wasnt a finished Apple product the chinese had nothing to copy from and thus no custom matte cases from china. Thats my theory anyway
    iLive an iLife