+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lines across my phone

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Yesterday night I noticed a small black/gray line on my phone. I figured it was a bunch of dead pixels or something. But when I woke up this morning and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Lines across my phone
    Yesterday night I noticed a small black/gray line on my phone. I figured it was a bunch of dead pixels or something. But when I woke up this morning and looked at my phone the line had grew a lot bigger. Has anyone ever experienced this before and know what's wrong with it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lines across my phone-img_0407.jpg  

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Looks to be an issue with the LCD.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The weird thing is even when I shut off my phone I can still see the line if I look really closely and it has now stretched all the way across the screen. (I know in the picture the line is blue, it changes from blue/black depending on the background.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r0x View Post
    Yesterday night I noticed a small black/gray line on my phone. I figured it was a bunch of dead pixels or something. But when I woke up this morning and looked at my phone the line had grew a lot bigger. Has anyone ever experienced this before and know what's wrong with it?
    I've got the same thing, but in the bottom of the sceen, and the right hand speaker does not work either.

Have to admit that mine did this after it bounced, but is it a replacement LCD screen thats needed.?

Mine is also a 1st gen iPhone, so is it worth repairing, or holding on and getting a 3GS later this year??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr_inky View Post
    I've got the same thing, but in the bottom of the sceen, and the right hand speaker does not work either.

Have to admit that mine did this after it bounced, but is it a replacement LCD screen thats needed.?

Mine is also a 1st gen iPhone, so is it worth repairing, or holding on and getting a 3GS later this year??
    How long have you had your phone again?? LOL..sorry i just cant help but laugh on this one coz that right hand speaker that's not working youre talking about isnt actually a speaker..Thats actually the microphone. So basically there's only one speaker there.

Thanks

I wondered why that "speaker" didn't work - microphone. Got it now... LOL

What do you reckon about the screen, have tried the massaging technique and the ipixel flasher thingy.

Is it worth laying out the cash for a new LCD screen and attempting the repair, or just bite the bullet and get the 3GS for 100.00??

Any thoughts!!

Thanks

if its in warranty, restore it, take it to the apple store and get a new one. Only problem is when i got a new phone for my defective one, they activated the phone, you might be out of luck when they see ur t-mobile sim card!
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone