Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: maybe stupid question about the camera...

Default maybe stupid question about the camera...
    could it be possible that one takes the camera from the 3gs (replacement etc) and put it into the 3g / 2g?

are the parts standardizes, so that would be possible?

was just thinking... im a 2g owner, btw

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beva922's Avatar
    Thanks

nothings impossible, but if you think of it the cameras in the 3GS were built specifically for that phone. Getting one of these cameras alone would require you to trace the manufacturer and buy directly, or to remove one from an existing 3gs phone. It is highly unlikely that you will be able to buy one from the manufacturer. So the only option you are left with is to do a "transplant" on the 3gs to your 2g. Basically, you can chose to upgrade to the 3gs if you want one so bad, or go for the cheaper option and buy a digital camera, which tend to run cheaper and are far better for taking pictures and video than any phone.
    Last edited by Beva922; 06-21-2009 at 11:39 AM. Reason: typo
    >>**Please thank me if I helped you...**<<

ifixit dot com, source for camera

not yet, but soon

would be great to get some high res images of the 2 cameras, so that comparison is possible

iPhone? More like MyPhone ElGriton's Avatar
    Come the Apocalypse I shall be Omnipresent
    Thanks

Remember this "there are no stupid questions, only stupid people who ask questions they shouldn't". That being said I'm sure if you wait for a short time somebody will try.
    If you're requesting icons PLEASE include the original and the correct spelling. It makes our job 10X easier. Thank you.
    If you we've helped you hit the thanks button. it makes us giggle.