Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone WiFi problem

Default Iphone WiFi problem
    Hey guys i recently just ran into a problem with my iphone...after doing the OS 3.0 update, my iphone seems to not want to pick up any wifi in my house except when its on charge by my laptop. When i go to find a network it wont even find signal in my house or anything but as soon as i plug it in to my computer in my basement it seems to start up and stop when i take it out and go somewhere. Never had this problem before until 3.0, anyone else run into this problem?

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Nope. When I restored my new 3Gs iPhone from my backup of my old 2G iPhone that I had on iTunes, it immediately sought out my home WiFi and asked for my password and once I entered that it immediately connected me. Of course at that time I was still connected to my iMac setting up my new phone, but the WiFi connection remained after the setup was all completed and I disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by tutty123 View Post
    Hey guys i recently just ran into a problem with my iphone...after doing the OS 3.0 update, my iphone seems to not want to pick up any wifi in my house except when its on charge by my laptop. When i go to find a network it wont even find signal in my house or anything but as soon as i plug it in to my computer in my basement it seems to start up and stop when i take it out and go somewhere. Never had this problem before until 3.0, anyone else run into this problem?
    Have you tried to reset your network settings? Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

Good Luck

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dd721 For This Useful Post:

tutty123 (06-21-2009)

same f'ing problem. I have tried everything and got it working again but now stopped again. Doesn't make sense.

Wow I thought I was the only one with this problem. I tired doing the same thing. Fauck

this is ********

I have the same issue... I currently own 1 3GS and two 3G iphones. Only one 3G iphone with the 3.0 update does not connect to the wifi... I've allso tried to reset the network settings,but no luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h3lpmedic View Post
    I currently own 1 3GS and two 3G iphones.
    Hmm .. Wanna share?

This problem is every where on the net but not so much in here. did we miss something? the mod my- crew has not had to many problems . I have searched for threads but have not found many.this has to be a big problem for a lot of people but i still can not find a fix . with trying all the normal steps (re seting network,router,iphone) still grayed out wifi fi. it was working fine before 3.0 and in my wifi settings the ip address is not mine im not at home now but its was 269. ?? but i don't know how to manually reset the ip address if help is out there people are looking thanks...

still having the same problem even when i reset network settings...i wonder how long this will last..

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

So did you restart your router?

Hey, just joining in on the fun.
    Here's my story:
    1.1.4 FW using ziphone (cant remember what i used before that)
    2.2.1 FW i did so using quickpwn, wifi problems started here.
    3.0 FW using redsn0w 0.7.1 (wifi problems persist)

when i plug in the iphone it seems to get wifi, but in general it looses it quickly, and barely ever detects any wifi signals. ive searched a lot, i saw a thread (http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...iphone-2g.html) that mentioned something about resetting my baseband. im not too sure on the process, im also considering restoring back into 3.0 and starting the iphone fresh, without backup, see how that works out. anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

Yah restarted the router and did all the iphone troubleshooting stuff... no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lpmedic View Post
    Yah restarted the router and did all the iphone troubleshooting stuff... no dice.
    If we're having the same problem it's def not a router problem. it happens with ALL wifi signals.

To me, the WiFi is one of the bigger busts of the iPhone. I'm on a 2G 3.0 with Tmobile, yet it never consistently works, even when it see the WiFi signal is strong, I ended up just going back to Edge. Was hoping 3.0 fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    To me, the WiFi is one of the bigger busts of the iPhone. I'm on a 2G 3.0 with Tmobile, yet it never consistently works, even when it see the WiFi signal is strong, I ended up just going back to Edge. Was hoping 3.0 fixed it.
    this is why im almost certain it's not a firmware problem, it might be a baseband issue, the problem is im not sure how to go about it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    hey guys, here to join the fun...Im having the same problem as the original poster. RARELY picks up signal, and when it does, wont let me connect. HOWEVER, it does work as advertised when plugged into computer.

in response to shinner23, i'd have to compleletly disagree. WIFI has usually worked flawlessly for me when I had my 2G, and just as good on my 3G, back on 2.2.1 firmware.

The problem has only reared its ugly head (for me at least) since I upgraded to 3.0. And even furthermore, it worked fine until last night when I was finally able to run ultrasn0w.

Quote Originally Posted by pickeledpeter View Post
    hey guys, here to join the fun...Im having the same problem as the original poster. RARELY picks up signal, and when it does, wont let me connect. HOWEVER, it does work as advertised when plugged into computer.

in response to shinner23, i'd have to compleletly disagree. WIFI has usually worked flawlessly for me when I had my 2G, and just as good on my 3G, back on 2.2.1 firmware.

The problem has only reared its ugly head (for me at least) since I upgraded to 3.0. And even furthermore, it worked fine until last night when I was finally able to run ultrasn0w.
    Out of curiosity, when you had your WiFi working flawlessly on your 2G, did you have any special settings set or something? I'm not sure what those would even be, but I wonder if it's something I'm doing wrong.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    Out of curiosity, when you had your WiFi working flawlessly on your 2G, did you have any special settings set or something? I'm not sure what those would even be, but I wonder if it's something I'm doing wrong.
    not to my knowledge... Just normal, what firmware are you on?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast