+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: replaced back cover and now i got problems

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok so here is what happend a freind bought a red back cover from ebay asked me to change it for him so i did no big deal had a
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

Default replaced back cover and now i got problems
    ok so here is what happend a freind bought a red back cover from ebay asked me to change it for him so i did no big deal had a bunch of 3g apart and back together again never had ant problems but all i get with this one is a white/light grey screen home button dose not seem to work either and when i plug in to itunes it reads the phone syncs with no prob ive hat it apart a couple times with no luck any help would be great he really wants his phone back thanx in advance

Thanks

You would need to make sure cable #1 is pushed in fully as that is the LCD one (that's the L shaped one you connect last and if you lift the display housing more then 90 degrees from the body of the phone it pops off itself) you may not have fully connected it, if it is definately hooked up tight then sadly the LCD will have blown and you will need to get a new one.

As for the home button, there are two copper leaf prongs on the underside of the display mounting where the home button is, they have to push up against contacts on the main body of the phone - so you have to push the screen display back tight into the body to make sure they connect for the home button to work. If you are sure that is tight and it still doesn't work try refitting the flex cable connector to the mobo (the bottom push fit connector)
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

jjr3211 (06-17-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

thanx man you are a life saver works like a champ

Thanks

Glad I could help, and thanks for posting back it worked so if anyone has a similar problem in the future they can search and find the solution. And of course thanks for the thanks!
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac