Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1st Gen Iphone stuck in restore !!

Default 1st Gen Iphone stuck in restore !!
    I dont know what exactly happened but this happened like 3-5 months ago. I downloaded some program in the appstore and the app was something about changing/faking the software version... Then i turned off my iphone about 30 mins later or so. and when i turned it back on i got a white and black screen with the text scrolling up ya kno. then it wouldnt do anything. so i restored the iphone and ever since its been stuck in restore mode. ive tried alot of different possibilities. such as: use a different cable, use different computers, i tried using 3rd party software programs to restore it and they never work... any suggestions ? or anyone heard of this happening to them?

also now when i plug it into my computer it wont recognize its an iphone. it just says its an unknown device

Im thinking there might be something wrong internally. but i doubt apple would even consider helpping me?
    Last edited by anztheplayer; 06-16-2009 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,193 Times in 6,207 Posts

Hey, Welcome to MMi

Put your phone in DFU mode/restore

INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it’s in restore mode.

Alternative Method:

Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.

Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.

Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

I tried doing that, its already in restore mode, it has the itunes and the connector screen. thats the only screen i can see... But when i connect it, it says usb not recognized

In DFU the screen is black, if you have the cable and itunes logo that is recovery and is no good. Follow the instructions above and you should end up with itunes detecting a device in recovery mode but the screen on the phone must be black.

In DFU the screen is black, if you have the cable and itunes logo that is recovery and is no good. Follow the instructions above and you should end up with itunes detecting a device in recovery mode but the screen on the phone must be black.
    Last edited by Robcoffee; 06-17-2009 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac