+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No audio from earpiece after overhaul

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, I did a complete overhaul of a 3G that was totally trashed. I replaced the housing, the headphone jack, the LCD, the touch panel and the battery. It's practically
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default No audio from earpiece after overhaul
    Hello,

I did a complete overhaul of a 3G that was totally trashed. I replaced the housing, the headphone jack, the LCD, the touch panel and the battery. It's practically a brand new phone. Everything is functioning perfectly except for the earpiece. I get no audio from it.

I searched on this and a lot of people seem to say that this is usually a flex cable 3 issue. It seems like I have flex pushed in and fastened the best I can, but no luck.

Is there something I'm missing on this or does it just slide in almost to the white line and then you clamp it down? Can;t find any other reason it wouldn't work.

Thanks

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Flex #3 is the earpiece and also the proximity sensor. So check to see if the screen cuts off while in a call and you place it to your ear.

Its a cheap part to buy and easy to swap.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, CPJR. The cable looked fine, but I ordered a replacement and that did it. Of course I busted the latch cable 3 goes in on my other phone, not sure how I'm gonna get that thing to stay in now.

Thanks again.

Thanks

I've bust the latch on my current 3g 16gb, I was gently pushing it down and it just vanished! (Well probably pinged off). It doesn't seem to matter, as long as you slide the cable#3 into place and shut up the phone carefully it will stay no problem or has done for me anyway.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post
    I've bust the latch on my current 3g 16gb, I was gently pushing it down and it just vanished! (Well probably pinged off). It doesn't seem to matter, as long as you slide the cable#3 into place and shut up the phone carefully it will stay no problem or has done for me anyway.
    Can you PLEASE explain what you mean? I broke the white clamp/plastic thing that should go to the end of the ribbon cable, so now my earpiece doesnt work.

For example, the little thing that is circled in this picture (http://s1.guide-images.ifixit.com/ig...yB1jXd11.large) is no longer on my phones board. So essentially all I have is the ribbon. Let me be clear, its not just the latch, all I have on the motherboard in those positions are the regular prongs that are on the board. The clamp and its plastic enclosing have broken off.

Please help me with this.
    Last edited by zeve; 06-25-2009 at 07:03 AM.