Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Replaced digitizer but still kinda messed up.

Default Replaced digitizer but still kinda messed up.
    Hey guys, after replacing the digitizer/screen on my iphone 1st gen, I've encountered a little problem. The new touch screen seems to have a little area on the bottom left corner that doesn’t react to touch (a dead spot)I checked all the connectors, the ribbon is pushed in all the way and made sure there was no debris under the layers of film on the digitizer assembly but can't seem to figure it out. Just wondering if anyone has run into this problem? Could it just be a bad digitizer? Maybe something else beside the digitizer? Well any help would be gratefully appreciated cause I planned on selling it to a friend after it was fixed.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Its a damaged digitizer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Its a damaged digitizer.

ARGGGGG!!!! We'll hopefully the seller will exchange it (eBay). Now I paid like $130 for it, but I'm not to sure if its OEM part or not. Has anyone experienced any problems with the aftermarket types? I would really hate to have to shell out some more dough on another digitizer. Like I said it's for a friend so I'm not out to make a profit on it. I got a 3G 16gig so I'm just giving it to him as long as he pays for the parts it's costing me to bring to like new condition.

If for some reason I can’t get an exchange does anyone want to sell one that is OEM?

Thanks

I used aftermarket and they have all been fine.

And unfortunately I doubt the seller will take it back now.

Well I wasn’t able to get an exchange buy the seller is willing to sell me another one at cost (at least he says). But none the less he is willing to work with me so he'll receive a good review. Thanks for the help!

Thanks

All in all....thats a better deal than you could have got.

Just remember, the digitizer is the very thing, very fragile piece of glass glued to the back of the glass. Its about at brittle as a saltine cracker....so handle with care.

One quick question CPJR.. How n the hell do remove the case of a 1st gen without slightly bending the sides or at least without getting the stress marks? Luckily I am replacing with a new one so no worries but I am curious. Please you must teach us ol IPhone case removing protégée. =)