Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my battery shot?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default my battery shot?
    ok so my iphone will sometimes reconize my usb charger (plugged into the wall or the computer) and when it does start to charge, it seems to charge EXTREMLY slow, and when it is taking off the charge it seems to lose battery life very fast, any ideas?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Could be alot of things. Sounds like water damage though.

Had this exact problem when I upgraded to 2.2.1 from 2.2. There a various reports 2.2.1 caused major battery issues. My battery would be out of juice in 4 hours with email set to manual, wifi off, gps off, brightness set to nil, just sitting there on standby. None of the fixes I saw on the web solved the problem. I was about to remove the jailbreak but I did a "Reset All Settings" first. (Under Settings>>General>>Reset) I lost my Microsoft Exchange account. My battery is fine now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i tried what you said to do (reset all) and its still doing the same thing, i think i may need to un-jailbreak my phone, if i do this how can i save everything and put it back on my phone, am i going to have to redownload everything? im running 2.2 and havent done the carrier update, how hard (and expensive) is it to open my phone up and replace the existing battery? my phone will recognize that it is hooked up but wont charge, if i leave it alone for a while when i see that it finally starts to charge, it turns itself off, ill go from 50% to less than 10% in about ten min
    Last edited by spectreracing; 05-30-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spectreracing View Post
    i tried what you said to do (reset all) and its still doing the same thing, i think i may need to un-jailbreak my phone, if i do this how can i save everything and put it back on my phone, am i going to have to redownload everything? im running 2.2 and havent done the carrier update, how hard (and expensive) is it to open my phone up and replace the existing battery? my phone will recognize that it is hooked up but wont charge, if i leave it alone for a while when i see that it finally starts to charge, it turns itself off, ill go from 50% to less than 10% in about ten min
    If you plug in the iphone to itunes you can back it up that way & then once restored/fixed put the stuff from itunes to you iphone, if you have the apps in itunes you wont need to re-download everything if not in itunes then you can get aptbackup from cydia to back then up

The replacing battery thing is dependant on how tech savey you are, have you opened things before i read from CPJR that the best thing to do when opening the iphone is treat everything as glass.

ifixit.com is a good site for tutorials on opening the iphone

Well, i had a similar problem. Does the battery get warm when you plug it in? If so its because you prob have an app running in the background that is sucking up juice. I had to uninstall Cylay and FindmyI. It fixed the problem. I have reinstalled each one seperately and found out Cylay, even though i didnt set it up or have an account, was draining my battery nonstop.