+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: what does water damage cause?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
well i finally found an iphone to buy, now looking at it in further detail i see one of the water sensors(headphone jack) is a little bit pink, now im
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default what does water damage cause?
    well i finally found an iphone to buy, now looking at it in further detail i see one of the water sensors(headphone jack) is a little bit pink, now im wondering should i ask for my money back or keep it? nothing at all wrong with the iphone that i can tell person that sold it to me was using it with prepaid card. any test i can do to make sure everything works like it should?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Just test all the functions obviously. Sounds, mic, calls, screen, headphones, charging...etc, etc....

Personally, depending on what kind of deal you got on it....I would be pissed if I wasnt told upfront.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well everything works, just tested it with my sim card. yeah a friend of a friend sold it to me cause he lost his job and wanted to make sure he had money for rent he is using his 2g iphone for now. but i got a good deal on it imo i might contact you to either paint it or change the back housing on it soon. but not sure since i do need to buy alot of other stuff(big expenses) before i can spend money on my hobbies again.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Thats good.

If you need sumtin, lemme know. I also put together a method of "restoring" the original housing if its all scuffed up, makes it look 90% better.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...ml#post4184431