Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pls help me urgently . removing proximity cable

Default pls help me urgently . removing proximity cable
    I look upon youtube but can't seem to find any video on how to remove the proximity sensor cable for my iphone 3g. I messed up my proximity flex cable and wanted to buy new one from youtube but i don't know how to remove it . Pls teach me in full details. cause i really so newbie. The best part i urgently need the phone cause i got no more spare phone. pls pls help appreciated if possible with pics .thanks bros here
    Last edited by starwish83; 05-13-2009 at 09:30 AM.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Remove the screen assembly. The proximity sensor/earpiece speaker are controlled by the same cable. All you do is pop it off of the screen frame with a small flathead screwdriver, takes 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Remove the screen assembly. The proximity sensor/earpiece speaker are controlled by the same cable. All you do is pop it off of the screen frame with a small flathead screwdriver, takes 10 seconds.
    where should i place the screwdriver. ? in so supernewbie. if any picture would be good. thanks bro

Thanks

Dont have any pics.

The cable "clips" in, so you need to pry from the top or bottom (but that requires placing the screwdriver to the side) to unclip it. If you look at it, its obvious.

i will try it but im really scared of damaging the housing or the cable so scary ahh...

Thanks

Then I wouldnt attempt it yourself.

gosh thanks so much bro cpjr finally after seeking your advise i have pop out the casing now looking for parts . u rock man