+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ihone 2g- "no simcard installed"

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi my friend shipped me her iphone because she broke the LCD. so I ordered a new module (lcd with digitizer). Douring the disasembly I accidentally ripped the "home" button,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ihone 2g- "no simcard installed"
    Hi my friend shipped me her iphone because she broke the LCD. so I ordered a new module (lcd with digitizer). Douring the disasembly I accidentally ripped the "home" button, so I ordered a new flex cable (has the home button attached to it) and installed it. So everything should work, so I did a test and powered it up without screwing the boards all back in place, but it says no simcard installed.

I believe this iphone is unlocked as well, but im not positive.

I tried several simcards, a 3g simcard (even though the phone is a 2g phone) I tried a regular cingular simcard (even though its an at&t iphone it should still detect the simcard I would think).

The only other possable problem may be the white antenna- it has to be replaced too, yesterday I accidentally cut the chord when my hand slipped- but I dont think that would have to do with not detecting the simcard. Since the antenna is not attached the phone should show no service I would think. But no matter what it should atleast detect the simcard I would think, even if it detects it as invalid. But I dont know for sure

Doea anyone have any ideas to what the problem may be?
    Last edited by mds33200; 05-04-2009 at 03:49 PM.