+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guys, I made a BIG mistake Take a look

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok well this is what I did im so pissed at myself i really feel like crap. Ok Well I ordered the red housing 4 the iphone 3G last week
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Guys, I made a BIG mistake Take a look
    Ok well this is what I did im so pissed at myself i really feel like crap.
    Ok Well I ordered the red housing 4 the iphone 3G last week I was so excited when i got it i stared working on it immeadtly i ran in my room got my suction cup and started well i followed the tut. It worked great! Untill i had to put it back together I first could not get the stock silver peice to go around strait and now my phone is a little open on the top right corner. I then could not get the camera in correctly. So I plugged it in after about 7 hrs i got it done then i noticed my home botton did not work so i took apart my screen well PDA parts tut. it says take your case opener tool just below the withe (lcd) well i did pulled up and CRACK there goes my lcd so i said WTF and i put it back together cause i did not wanna break anyhting more so really i dont have any clue what to do from this point on. I shoulda sent it to a professinal. Can anyone fix this I really dont have anymoney bu tif you could fix it all im sure we can work something out. THanks yall plz reply i wanna c if anyone else is as much as a failure as i am. ( Over all my phone works the touch screen is fine other than the bottom corner the lcd is shot but the touch screen still works there 2 also my camera and my home botton thanks yall.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

cpjr....

Thanks

Default ?
    What is that CPJR?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

moderator cpjr can and will help you. He's not on right now, but he will be soon.

Thanks

Default Shweet
    Does he have a AIM? Cause i would rather do that. Well thanks Boom Rember when you used to help me with SSH? Lol you told me your life story haha. Thanks for the help darn that was like 1 1/2 year ago! Well thanks for the help again (get on aim)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^If you wanna send it to me I would gladly take a look at it for you. It would be quite hard for me to walk you through anything.

Lemme know, click my sig links for a few pics and swaps Ive done.
    Last edited by cpjr; 05-03-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks

Default YA!
    I would completely send it out to you! how much is it? And your tut. Is one of the ones i followed

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Avoid and beware PDA parts.com!!
    Dude, the video that this company has circulated is designed to do two things only: 1- get their name out so you automatically go to them for parts you need. 2- get you to break your LCD and buy a replacement from them.

Good instructions for iPhone repair can be found at ifixit.com. where you decide to buy your parts (I like eBay myself) is up to you.

I really think there should be some kind of lawsuit over what they are doing. Once you compare valid repair instructions against the video you'll understand. Plus it's really scummy and immoral and outright ****** to do that to honest people just trying to fix their devices on their own.