Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Inside the iPhone = Cables

Default Inside the iPhone = Cables
    Does anyone know what each numbered cable is for?

When I opened my iPhone to replace the battery I noticed when I was putting it back together cable number 1 doesn't stick down properly..

I stick it down and I think it pops back out when I close my iPhone screen..

Now my sensor doesn't work when I am in a call (Turns screen off)

Is cable number 1 for the sensor and how could I get it to stay stuck down?

Thanks for reply!

#1 = LCD

#2 = Digitizer

#3 = Proximity sensor and earpiece

#4 = Headphone jack assembly + flex cable

#5 = GPS unit

#6 = Dock Assembly

You have to have the screen assembly pretty "closed" to the phone when you pop #1 back on or it will pop right back out. And if your proximity sensor doesnt work, you screwed up #3 cable.

Hmm.. Cable 3 is the cable you slide under the little piece and click the little tab down.. I'm sure I put it in correctly, unless I put it in too far o_o.. Thanks for the help , Any idea how to get cable 1 to stay down?

Thanks

^As cpjr said, you just have to do it when it's pretty closed and close it quickly thereafter. It may take a try or two, but you should know when you get it.
    Respect your elders.

^Yup.

And for #3, I hope you know there is a small "clasp" that pivots 90' up before you remove the cable....if you pull the cable out without doing so...you probably screwed the cable up.

Yes I did notice the little clasp that pivots.. I just wonder if I either pushed the cable in too far/not enough ;/?

I now can't seem to get the earpiece to work.. ;/.. The sensor sort of works I can't press any buttons when my ear is over the sensor but I can't hear anything in the ear piece.. ;//// No point in having a phone if the earpiece don't work..
    Last edited by ThunderLee; 04-17-2009 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You cant "put it in too far".

If you broke the earpiece/proximity sensor cable....its really cheap to buy the part and fairly easy to replace. This cable is #3.

You can nab one off ebay for probably $10.

Thanks.. I'll buy a new one.. I just testing something and when someone rings me they say it sounds like the phone is in water.. o_o.. I didn't drop it in water though..

did u find the part i have the same problem u do and i cant find it

You need a proximity sensor cable. You can find them on ebay.

primewish, I'll pm you a link to one.

damm, wish I could of know this sooner, I also ruined my proximity sensor cable but I tought I damaged the sensor. I pulled out the cable without popping up the little plastic. I just ordered a complete screen repacement for 80 bucks.Is it hard to replace cable #3?

what does flex cable number 6 do? where can i buy to replace it? thanks

It is your wifi...check ebay or I may have a few
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

what happened if that flex cable 6 got cut off. i my case, i still can connect to wifi. do i need to replace it? thanks

If it is functioning properly I would say no. All it is is an antenna cable for the wifi.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

mine was glued in by the po. it was a used phone. my screen isnt responsive, and when it was working the screen would shut off from time to time. i took apart the iphone to try an fix it.. now the screen is unresponsive. but i swear everything that came off went back on correct. could my fingers have stubbed something up wrong?

By saying your screen is unresponsive do you mean the Digitizer(touch panel) or the LCD

the lcd id black. like its off.

seems bricked honestly. ive dealt with that before. lol

melech? are you there?
    Last edited by iPoGo; 12-28-2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Have you tried a hard reset yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast