Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Inside the iPhone = Cables

power button no worky! well since i got the phone the power button hasnt worked. so rfu mode and hard reset aren't possible unless hooked up.

well plus itunes is no longer reading the iphone, but if i hook it up to my power source the meter says that battery has charge. i realize most noobs come on here and ask you how to find their ipod app so i hope you can help and enjoy this little booboo ive created by accident..

im on aim btw. its twoliterwabbit
    Last edited by iPoGo; 12-28-2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You might want to replace that flex cable, runs a few dollars on ebay.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

iPoGo (12-28-2009)

the number three cable? its been glued into the socket by the guy who used to own it, i see the clasp is missing

no, not that one. But there is a member on here who can fix that connector if it is messed up. I am talking about the power flex that connects the power button, headphone jack, vibrator switch and volume switches. You will need to replace that if your power button no longer works.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

first off i must know who this member is. second. is there no other way to decipher weather its a software issue or a hardware issue untill this power button fixed??

volume, and vibrate worked when i got it. possibly a dirty connection in the power button itself?
    Last edited by iPoGo; 12-29-2009 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Go aheas and see if you can get the phone to restore. If the picture still does not appear than the LCD is either loose or has been damaged. PM this user for the #3 connectorkrazy. he can fix them

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

krazy (12-30-2009)

thanks! meanwhile how do i get this superglue off this ribbon and connector?

You can try a light solvent. Make sure you do not damage anything trying to remove it. If you force it out you may brake some of the pads on the mainboard that connect to the connector or strip the proximity cable

iPhone? More like MyPhone krazy's Avatar
    Thanks

ipogo: i PM'd you. dont try and remove the glue, let me see what i can do. i have some 99% alcohol that will probably remove it.

melech: PM'd you too. thanks man.

Hey my iphone has a cable #7 in the bottom right hand corner. It is a black 16GB 3G bought from AT&T, but it looks different on the inside than other 16Gb 3G's that i have opened up. do yall know why mine is different? (there are a few other subtle differences and it is not compatible with the lcd and digitizer from my other 16GB 3G because they wont plug into the logic board)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajtoce View Post
    Hey my iphone has a cable #7 in the bottom right hand corner. It is a black 16GB 3G bought from AT&T, but it looks different on the inside than other 16Gb 3G's that i have opened up. do yall know why mine is different? (there are a few other subtle differences and it is not compatible with the lcd and digitizer from my other 16GB 3G because they wont plug into the logic board)
    That's because yours is a 3G(s)

How to fix #3 CONNECTORS:
    http://hectordtruong.blogspot.com/

^Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by ajtoce View Post
    The one with ribbon 7 is a newer 3GS.

No it is not a 3gs. I bought it at the local AT&T store about a year ago, before the 3gs was released

post pictures of the inside of the phone. And also what is the serial number.

Also, post pictures of the back of the phone.
    Last edited by Melech518; 02-03-2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

well, i took apart a 3gs today and i must stand corrected, my phone is a 3gs. It is just really bizarre because this phone was purchased before the 3gs came out. is there any way i can tell for sure using the serial number that this is definitely manufactured as a 3gs? the serial is 88934p443np

You purchased your phone on August 26- 2009 AFTER the 3GS was released

Thanks

^yea that! lol
    How to fix #3 CONNECTORS:
    http://hectordtruong.blogspot.com/

Here is a screen shot:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2010-02-03-4.09.52-pm.png  

yea so it is a 3Gs, i took apart another 3gs and this one and they are identical. I just didn't think I was that lucky to be given a 3Gs and never knew it! it was a phone my stepmom broke and gave to me because she got a new one, but she assured me it wasnt a 3Gs because she bought it over a year ago, guess not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12