Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone will not turn on.

Default Iphone will not turn on.
    I bought this iphone on ebay, thinking it might be easy to repair. So, the phone does not power on nor does it give any signs of life if I try to plug it into a computer. The only thing that it does seem to work is when I put it into DFU mode. The computer recognizes the iphone and it connects to itunes. I have tried to restore it and it did not help. Also, I opened the iphone to check it internally it does not look to have any water damage, since the indicators are white and all the connections seem fine. Perhaps it's the battery? The screen itself looks fine, no cracks or anything. The whole phone seems to be in great shape, no real scratches nor anything major. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

What happened when you tried restoring through iTunes?
    What happens when you try quickpwn?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I only tried to restore it. And itunes goes ahead and restores the software and the firmware and finishes the entire process. Then it tells me to leave it plugged in and the message will disappear in 10 seconds. After that, the phone is still unresponsive and I cannot see it on the computer anymore. Also, I have not tried quickpwn. Can you perhaps explain how it can help me?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Bro, 100 things could be wrong. It still could have water damage even if it looks ok. And its powering on if you can restore it in itunes.

Could quite possibly be a bad LCD, for example.

Have you tried inserting your simcard and calling it....just to see if anything happens. If it was the battery the screen would still work.

I would still try quickpwn to see what happens.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Well, I checked the water indicators and they are all white. The iphone is not recognized if i just plug it in. I need to put it in DFU mode to get it connected to the computer. I'll try inserting a sim card and see if that does anything.

Also, I am wondering what can quickpwn do to help? Will it restore it?
    Last edited by smkface; 03-28-2009 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Do you know how easy it is to "paint" the water indicators white??? If someone is trying to screw someone else over.

Dont believe the indicators. Especially from an iphone you got of fleabay.

What did the seller specify on the listing?

Quickpwn will do nothing, nor will putting a SIM in - I wouldn't actually try anything. I would just assume nothing works.

Nice way to be completely sarcastic. Thanks for your help. Really your sarcasm has benefited society as a whole.

But you really raise a good point cpjr. The seller said there is no water damage and the phone simply does not turn on. Also, I tried to insert a sim card and called it and it did not do anything. Just forward to voicemail.

Yep, unlike my advice which you seem determined to ignore.
    Your choice.

Yep, unlike my advice which you seem determined to ignore.
    Your choice.

I just wanted to know how quickpwn could help. That's all. I did not ignore it. No need to be overly sensitive.

I don't give a F*ck. All I did was say what I would do. You can ask if it will work all you want - I don't know.
    If I was you I wouldn't bother actually trying anything and just wait until someone gives you the definitive answer to your specific question.

Nice, way to show your maturity. Congrats, you have successfully acted like a four year old. I'm not asking if it will work. I'm asking what can it do. Does it restore something? Basically, I'm asking you why you pickedd quickpwn, since it seems to be a tool to jailbreak iphones and this iphone does not even work.

I am only 3 years old.

and really can't be arsed to try and explain everything I know to you.

You can do what you want, if you don't want help it's your choice.

Sure, I want help but if I really borther you so much then why don't you go ahead and stop posting. When did I ask you to tell me everything you know? I never did that just want to know how quickpwn can help if it is a program to jailbreak iphones.

It can't.

Get a N*kia

Great job. Thanks for the advice.

np

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

lol